Jackson chameleon Head Jerking

driichJackCham

Ive Been noticing for the last past month every time i hold a cricket in my hand to feed him he eats one or two,then i put another one and he looks at it and starts to Jerk his head up down and side to side, has anyone ever experience this??? is it normal does it mean anything?

Should be normal. The leaf movement is performed by not all but a lot of Chameleons. Usually it is part of their hunting techniques. When mine is very hungry, he shoots right away. When he is not so hungry he gets more hesitant and sometimes jerks his head also.

Should be normal. The leaf movement is performed by not all but a lot of Chameleons. Usually it is part of their hunting techniques. When mine is very hungry, he shoots right away. When he is not so hungry he gets more hesitant and sometimes jerks his head also.

mostly now its a everyday thing i usually let the crickets loose or i hold them on with my fingers and he shoots for it right away then for the second or 3rd one he jerks his head and moves along,like if hes full already lol....

When they don't like something they do the head jerking motion. For panthers specifically, females will do this when they are getting misted directly or if a cricket is crawling on them. I suspect he is saying "I am done eating so get out of here!" lol

Back
Top Bottom