Jackson chameleon boy or girl??

Jackscham13

I was told earlier in the forums when I had a concern with my Cham not eating that in fact my chameleon was a girl (not a male like I was told) as well as seemed older than 3/4 months like recently told by a pet store. Also I was told she (??) looked to be pregnant can someone help me with this ? gender, age, and if she looks pregnant ?

Attachments

• 3E920BDC-6BAC-4E0E-B26E-3619809F864E.jpeg
    3E920BDC-6BAC-4E0E-B26E-3619809F864E.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 4C8594A5-30AB-4A76-844B-8EB71648A591.jpeg
    4C8594A5-30AB-4A76-844B-8EB71648A591.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 110
She has a lot of wear and tear on the spines of her back which happens with age especially in the wild. Wild caught are generally pregnant. Single horns are almost always female but to confirm that picture from the side with her tail out straight would be helpful.

She has a lot of wear and tear on the spines of her back which happens with age especially in the wild. Wild caught are generally pregnant. Single horns are almost always female but to confirm that picture from the side with her tail out straight would be helpful.
Picture with her tail out straight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 95
Here is my single horn not pregnant virgin female of the same species for comparison. Bowie is just over a year old.
A0A86A2B-03EE-4353-B7B1-2EE1D4ADA95F.jpeg
99824357-BED4-4B47-85B7-F196DA0655B4.jpeg

I have a truer single horn but she isn’t ready for her close up today

You could have her x-rayed but it will stress her out and just being in a new cage is doing enough of that. If she's going to have babies she will do it all on her own and her care won't be very different. You just need something handy to put the babies in when they arrive. Give her cage lots of good hiding places from live plants so she doesn't stress and get her husbandry in good shape. Don't over feed her or she may have even more babies.
When you get the chance go kick the seller in the shins for not knowing s@%* from Shinola about what they are selling. JK kinda

info you can use

Nice find! Adding to what the others have posted. Start getting fruit fly cultures and food for the babies. Better to have than not or be in a rush to find some after they are born.
Can you share the pet store? I might not want to visit with the info they gave you. Ha ha

Nice find! Adding to what the others have posted. Start getting fruit fly cultures and food for the babies. Better to have than not or be in a rush to find some after they are born.
Can you share the pet store? I might not want to visit with the info they gave you. Ha ha
I went to a pet store in Las Vegas called Scales n Tails! I am going to take my Cham to the vet just as a check up and see if she is carrying!

They should have known way more.. I know some of the employees. Could they have said "the babies will be born in 3 or 4 months?".
Congrats!
More than likely it is wild caught so the vet is a great place to take her.
Glad you asked questions before waking up with a bunch of babies and no supplies.

They should have known way more.. I know some of the employees. Could they have said "the babies will be born in 3 or 4 months?".
Congrats!
More than likely it is wild caught so the vet is a great place to take her.
Glad you asked questions before waking up with a bunch of babies and no supplies.
I asked if they had a chameleon and they said “we have this male” we asked how old and they said “he is 3/4 months old so he’s a baby” and was the only Jackson in the store and said she was just sent to the store and didn’t even know the hatch date

Back
Top Bottom