Jackson’s Horn Busted

Cindy.mtz301

I recently went to the vet for my chameleons mouth infection. The vet told me the my chameleon was moving too much and his horn was moved. I asked her if it was something I should worry about and she basically said no and it was shedding build up or something like that. She also claimed she had never treated a Jackson’s chameleon. The talk was over the phone while I was outside waiting in my car since I couldn’t walk into the place due to COVID precautions. When I got him back I immediately felt something off. I later researched and found out it wasn’t build up at all, she knocked off him horn completely and all that’s left is his bone. Is this something I can take legal action for? Thoughts on what I should do? Will his horn grow back???
62567E1E-5845-4148-ACDB-F97187918CE6.jpeg
212AF49F-C27E-4FD5-A396-B387DE79177B.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you talked to the vet's office about what happened yet? If so, what did they say?
I haven’t. I honestly don’t know what to tell them since the vet basically told me it isn’t something to worry about. What I need to know is if his his horn would grow because if not and this is permanent damage then this could possibly cause health issues. And the vet said she didn’t know much about Jackson’s.

I do not know about the horn but I will tag our Jackson's expert @JacksJill she will be able to tell you if the horn will grow back or not and if there are any concerns to be aware of.

I would definitely speak to the veterinarian about the damage if you’re sure in fact she damaged it. I would then ask them what they would be willing to do about it? Legal action, no. Not worth the time nor money but I’d never go back that’s for sure

I would definitely speak to the veterinarian about the damage if you’re sure in fact she damaged it. I would then ask them what they would be willing to do about it? Legal action, no. Not worth the time nor money but I’d never go back that’s for sure

I agree that you should speak to the vet, because maybe they can help you in some way. Normally I wouldn't go there again either, but if they offer free care for the animal they hurt, then I would hope with any further care they would be a lot more careful/gentle. You shouldn't have to pay for the costs associated with harm they did as vet professionals, but obviously if they provided free care - it would come from them. Tough call... I'd say the first step is to talk to them, but make sure you don't let them blow you off.

Back
Top Bottom