Jackson’s Cham not eating

Is she eating yet. I don't like that she's dropping bugs rather than eating them. Size could be an issue or over dusting or there could be a problem with her mouth.
I agree with this @JacksJill

I think she's pregnant because of her colors/patterns and her plump look in the belly area. Can't be 100% sure though

Is she eating yet. I don't like that she's dropping bugs rather than eating them. Size could be an issue or over dusting or there could be a problem with her mouth.
she hasn’t eaten today yet I’m going to try a little later and see if she wants to eat. She has eaten a bit since she’s been in my care but she eats a little then grabs on to bugs and drops them.

UVB-UVB-penetration-map-011421-untitled-768x601.jpg
This chart should help with lighting

Other than a visit to a good chameleon vet...

"The female will eat heartily during pregnancy, but slow as her body cavity fills up with babies. The tell tale sign that birth is within days is when she goes off feeding. It is when the keeper comes onto social media worried that their chameleon is not eating anymore that we advise to prepare for babies. On the day of the birthing, your chameleon may be restless"...

https://chameleonacademy.com/trioceros-jacksonii-breeding-jacksons-chameleons/

The problem is, if she's WC and pregnant/gravid you will be lucky if she doesn't have the babies prematurely and they won't live. Stress causes this to happen more times than not.

The problem is, if she's WC and pregnant/gravid you will be lucky if she doesn't have the babies prematurely and they won't live. Stress causes this to happen more times than not.
I try not to stress her, and not handle her so it doesn’t stress her out, I keep everyone out of the room she is in and I am currently out getting more plants. Any suggestions of types of plants for her ? I have a golden pathos in her enclosure right now.

Glad to help when I can. I haven't kept Jacksons for quite a while so I usually refer the threads to someone who does...but sometimes they're busy and can't answer....and I don't like the thread not to be answered.

Glad to help when I can. I haven't kept Jacksons for quite a while so I usually refer the threads to someone who does...but sometimes they're busy and can't answer....and I don't like the thread not to be answered.
She’s still not eating, it’s been 6 days now so it’s making me a bit more worried, she’s been drinking water a good amount and her fecal matter is brown kinda looks soft and white. Is there anything I can do to make her eat? Currently the vet has no open appointments here for about a week and a half.

If there's feces then she has to have been eating.
How are you feeding her? Letting the insects free in the cage or hand feeding?

If there's feces then she has to have been eating.
How are you feeding her? Letting the insects free in the cage or hand feeding?
I set a couple insects in the cage and monitor if she eats them. I walk out of the room and let her be and see if there are any insects in the cage a few hours later.

Back
Top Bottom