Jackson’s Cham Dehydrated?

You dont have a room to yourself? Which is completely fine-- I'm not judging. But if you do have a room to yourself, can get a window or portable ac unit to cool down only the room. They need a nighttime drop. Not providing proper temp drops will only stress her out more and more over time.

76 degrees at night is quite hot for even the day. The daytime ambient should be around 70-75. 76 falls above this range. How hot is your room getting during the day? If you don't feel comfortable answering, that's fine. But you need to get an AC unit of some sort to cool the room asap!
I’ve raise window and turned ac on at different time. The temp on the one gage drops while the other slowly drops. Thinking maybe getting another gage

She seems more antisocial and is showing to be a bit more bloated like. She used to always want out of her enclosure. Now I can’t get her out. Only by tapping her tail then she walks to my hand and I walk outside

Attachments

• 44A29D94-22C0-4A52-AAAF-9FE975C19004.jpeg
    44A29D94-22C0-4A52-AAAF-9FE975C19004.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 72D3C87E-504B-4EB0-A7BA-A2B32036E559.jpeg
    72D3C87E-504B-4EB0-A7BA-A2B32036E559.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 77
She seems more antisocial and is showing to be a bit more bloated like. She used to always want out of her enclosure. Now I can’t get her out. Only by tapping her tail then she walks to my hand and I walk outside
She actually looks comfortable to me. Her not wanting to come out of the enclosure is a good sign. It means that she likes the temperature ranges, lights, humidity, etc. more than she did before when she wanted to escape by climbing on you. Chameleons are usually antisocial by design, but you can still build relationships with them by hand feeding or taking her outside for natural sun (given the temps are not too high). I think you are making some excellent changes here. Keep up the good work!

Also, how much are you feeding her? She doesn't look obese

I'm glad that the temps are dropping with the use of an A/C unit. What is the lowest temperature that she is reaching at night?

I’ve removed the lily, the palm and the schefflera so they can get aired out real good. And the humidity is better and I stick my head in the cage it’s a good humidity compared to a hot nasty humid

The most conclusive answer would come from an x-ray by your veterinarian. This would be a stressful event for her just to find out something that you will find out eventually. If she wasn't sold to by a breeder as un-bred then she likely is pregnant. It would be best to just assume she is pregnant and prepare accordingly. The babies are born live and so you don't have to worry about eggs. You should have a bin set up to put them in when they are born. I would strongly advise you to not handle her unless it is an emergency at this time as it could lead to problems with her pregnancy.
This link will help you prepare and a bonus pod cast on jackson's in general.

Back
Top Bottom