jAcKiE!!!!9 months old

First of all read up on nutritional values on horned worms.There loaded with liquids!!.I have a 6yr old male veiled that has taught me a few tricks on hydration.1st keep feeding horned worms often.If you think he needs water.Try putting 95deg water in your spray bottle,slowley spray him all over then consentrate on spraying over the top of his head after 2-4 min he should start lapping water.Sometimes they wont drink in the shower.Some veileds wont drink in front of people for some strange reason.I have a 4 yr old female that stops drinking, as soon as she see me watching her drink.If shes laying eggs i have to cover her cage for 2 days!! any sign of people and she stops. some are just tempermental..All there little quirks are why were drawn to them.

Yes, dripper is important if he wants to drink in privacy. If you're using other feeders as well, make sure they're also getting stuff with liquid in it, some orange for example. Up misting times, I have read somewhere on here that some won't be stimulated to drink until a few minutes into the misting. Offer some greens like kale or collards directly to him. He may not be interested, but if he wants it it's a great hydration helper.

Back
Top Bottom