Ive noticed...

R0UCHEBAG

When every anyone talks about making a gutload for their crickets they mention apples, carrots, kale, mustard greens, squash, etc.. I've never seen anyone say anything about oranges? Are oranges good in a cricket gutload? The fact that they are so moist/wet I assumed would be a good thing, so I bought some not thinking it might not be healthy for them. I can of course eat them myself if they aren't okay. Also, what about green bell pepper?

oranges are great..though few argue the long term benefits of using citrus friuts..idk why...:cool:

bell peppers are fine too =P

I use Oranges for my crickets and they LOVE them. I'm not sure if it's the best but I thought the citrus and vitamin C would be benificial, lol! I also thought they would be a good source of hydration as well as tomatoe. Like I said, i'm not totally sure but I use them.

I use Oranges for my crickets and they LOVE them. I'm not sure if it's the best but I thought the citrus and vitamin C would be benificial, lol! I also thought they would be a good source of hydration as well as tomatoe.

tomatoe is bad for chams apparanelty like broccoli and spinach....something aboutt blocking the absorbtion of calcium or d3....i believe...

Really, aw. Good thing I just tried it yesterday... Thanks. They didn't seem to like it anyway. They went straight to the orange and carrot.

I did an internship at a few zoos in reptile departments and we always gave the crickets orange slices, it helps keep them hydrated too!

Really, aw. Good thing I just tried it yesterday... Thanks. They didn't seem to like it anyway. They went straight to the orange and carrot.

carrots and oranges are great:D...the more friuts and veggies the better:cool:...i like to mix some cricket crack for bonus goodness:cool:

Yea I always make sure there is some orange for my crickets to eat instead of using water gel and polymer stuffs.

I use oranges in my gut load every time and my crickets are very healthy and happy (as far as cricket happiness goes) :)

Haha you guys are silly. Hey while I have your attention though, what type of non living food can I offer my panther. Do they like any sort of leafy goodness? ;)

Haha you guys are silly. Hey while I have your attention though, what type of non living food can I offer my panther. Do they like any sort of leafy goodness? ;)

very few panthers are willing to eat greens...the veiled chameleon is mostly know to eat leafy greens...so idk...you may try melon or strawberry:p

Back
Top Bottom