I've Got Feeders!

d3s5

Avid Member
After successfully raising green banana roaches for over six months as PETS because SOMEONE has refused to eat them - Phineas finally decided to devour 10 of them today. Finally, I've got feeders instead of pets!

SCOREBOARD
Phineas: 573
Me: 2

After successfully raising green banana roaches for over six months as PETS because SOMEONE has refused to eat them - Phineas finally decided to devour 10 of them today. Finally, I've got feeders instead of pets!

SCOREBOARD
Phineas: 573
Me: 2

Ive been breeding green banana roaches for around 6-8 months now and they didn't seem to be turning green they were all brown for a long time then i opened the tub yesterday to find them all turned green :) my cham absolutely loves these, they seemed to take a long time but they have bred quite well :) and they are really expensive to buy too !

Ive been breeding green banana roaches for around 6-8 months now and they didn't seem to be turning green they were all brown for a long time then i opened the tub yesterday to find them all turned green :) my cham absolutely loves these, they seemed to take a long time but they have bred quite well :) and they are really expensive to buy too !
Yes, green banana roaches are actually one of my favorite feeders to raise. They are so easy and prolific. And no worries if they escape.

That is great news! Its always nice when they decide to eat the bugs we raise and feed for so long.
Yea, that's for sure. . . I still do have lots of pet Dubia though. . .

Yes, green banana roaches are actually one of my favorite feeders to raise. They are so easy and prolific. And no worries if they escape.

Yea, that's for sure. . . I still do have lots of pet Dubia though. . .

Do they fly or any of that stuff? And what do you mean no worries if they get out? OH would have me dean in 10 seconds flat. But if there is a way i would love to know.

Do they fly or any of that stuff? And what do you mean no worries if they get out? OH would have me dean in 10 seconds flat. But if there is a way i would love to know.

They do fly yeah but if you put a layer of Vaseline or olive oil around their tub then they can't climb to get out as they are really thin they can fit through the tiniest gap, oh and they are tropical so if they escape they will die as they need good heat and soil and also humidity to survive :)

Zuggie's right. I don't even need the Vaseline in my tub. They love the warmth and humidity so they stay in the tub and don't even try to escape. Yes they are pretty good fliers which makes them very attractive to chams. But they only fly if you really disturb them. If one or two get away, they are dead in a day. They can't live without the humidity and warmth, let alone breed. Plus, they are so pretty - it's not like seeing some awful ugly roach scurrying around your house . . .not that I have green banana roaches all over, mind you. . .

Back
Top Bottom