I've created a monster!

Silkyslim

So it has been beautiful here in central Wisconsin for the past few weeks. I been laying around outside reading and chillin with Samson so he can catch some real sun rays and he LOVES it!

Sadly, he cannot be outside all day long, I have no outdoor cage (yet?) and work during the last half of his day so he has been confined in his cage. He goes nuts when he is in there, he crawls all on the screen and tries to find a way out, pushing against the screen and scraping his snout on the screen. It kinda worries me, I hate the sound of it and his poor nails have worn down a lot due to it and I don't know what to do! He is such a naughty cham lately.

The other day I put up his free range again, I took it down for the winter as my room was very cold and I had a hard time keeping temps up. It is 2 pothos hung from the ceiling with a ficus tree making a triangle area for him to crawl on, complete with 10.0 bulb (I know its strong but the bulb is about 2ft. from his area, and basking area. I have a dripper that should be all finished once I get home (just had to cure the sealant) and his free range should be good to go. It's not as cham proof as it should be as I came home from a work meeting and found him on the opposite side of the room, on top of the cricket feeder bin daring crickets to make a run for it, so I can't leave him in his free range yet.

This isn't any type of help me post haha, more of ARGH my cham has frustrated me and I hate I can't give him what he wants. I feel better now!

Lol iim new to chams as i got my first 1 2 days ago im making a cage for him from some furnishings you can see it from my thread on this topic but maybe you can make one too?

Back
Top Bottom