itty-bit with swollen eye turret

ijmccollum

Adult male leaf chameleon (brev).
Rarely handled.
Fed variety FF's and pins-small crix.
Crix gut loaded w/periodic ca+ dust - ab 4 wks.
Spray X 2 daily, heavy mist in AM, light in PM.
Fecals are fine.
No special history - in possession ab 2-3 mo. Housed w/ X2 females.

Exoterra, 18"x24"
2.0 linear UVB
House ambient temps, ab 74-78F.
See above for humidity, kept ab 60%.
Naturally planted viv w/shefella, prayer, aspg fern, pothos, spider.
Viv on top of dresser in corner of bedroom, does receive natural filtered light.
Live in N. Utah.

The poor lil' guy has a swollen eye turret. I noticed it Friday and have gently misted the turret and today used a swab to see if there was noticeable debris. There is a local vet that has some but limited exp w/ reps. My herp vet is an hour so. so if it can be readily resolved with out the full-monti trip, that would be great. I have searched the forum and have seen anything from debris - infection. There does not appear to be any drainage. I have thought about using an over the counter optical solution to flush but don't know if this is such a good idea. I should be able to get the lil' guy in locally by tomorrow but need to know what I should be looking out for, in the event I need to make the trip south. Any words of wisdom or advice is welcomed.

Before I would head to the vet I would use a human saline solution and wash the eye gently by repeated dripping of the solution. Make sure you get saline solution and not contact solution of any kind. If that doesn't help, start packing for a vet trip.:(

Before I would head to the vet I would use a human saline solution and wash the eye gently by repeated dripping of the solution. Make sure you get saline solution and not contact solution of any kind. If that doesn't help, start packing for a vet trip.:(

Just asking (no issues here crossing fingers, and knocking on wood) would that be Visine then?

Back
Top Bottom