Its Tattoo time !!

Stinger

Established Member
Yes it's tattoo time for me next this coming Saturday. Just want to know what your thoughts are. There is more work his tail to be done, touch ups ,and a little more background work also . Anyways so far looks pretty good . Yes this is my Boy Rainbow . It's going to be a half sleeve when finished,open to more work further down my arm in the future . Here is the Digital rendering so far :)

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 199
That will be stunning when it's done, looking forward to seeing the finished art!
I totally agree with the other person, I'd also love to see the beautiful coiled tail in front of the branch too! Seems a shame to hide such a strong shape as that when everything else is looking so great :)
Very exciting! Good luck on the day! (y)

Lol, good idea! (y)
would be quite fun to have a small bug elsewhere, out of the main design, climbing up your arm!

Stinger.. how long would a tattoo like that take then?

Lol, good idea! (y)
would be quite fun to have a small bug elsewhere, out of the main design, climbing up your arm!

Stinger.. how long would a tattoo like that take then?

Looking at 3 - 3 hour sessions or little more. Once it's done I sure will post pictures. After some healing time ,may have to get touch ups.
Thanks all CF members . Yes a Insect is not out of the Question to be placed (y)

Just one more thought. Not trying to be critical!! I'm just wondering if such a puffed up throat is ideal. How will that translate into a tattoo, and will the average person realize it's his throat or think "what is he holding"? Maybe just a more normal sized throat - could be puffed a little but maybe not that much? That front foot could even be "placed" on a branch.

Just one more thought. Not trying to be critical!! I'm just wondering if such a puffed up throat is ideal. How will that translate into a tattoo, and will the average person realize it's his throat or think "what is he holding"? Maybe just a more normal sized throat - could be puffed a little but maybe not that much? That front foot could even be "placed" on a branch.

Thanks ,so many possibilities and it could be endless. The Digital picture was a rough outlook, for location making sure it covered my Old Faded Tattoo.
So looking forward to Saturday . Now lower down my arm next year Ziggy will be added.(y)

Attachments

• IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAG0530.jpg
    IMAG0530.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 74
Just a thought if you like black and white tattoos. It would be cool if everything was black and white except for the chameleon. It would make it stand out from the background and emphasize the chameleon while also making it have less area to fade like color does.

That is a fantastic idea that you've given me - I'm thinking about doing a 3/4 sleeve with a panther and a veiled (2 of my previous pets), and I love the idea of making their colors really pop!

Yes terrific Idea , will talk to the Tattoo Artist this week .
Thanks this helps . Appreciated
I have to disagree. Two reason, one the tail will become your focal point and that shouldn't be the end goal. Two, that branch acts as a leading line right to the face(which should be your focus). That tail is so bright and lighter in value that it would become very distracting visually. I say keep it as is.

What if, instead of a tight curl, you had the artist loosely wrap the tail around the branch? That way you get to see a pretty tail, but you don't have a distraction of a focal point on the tail?

What if, instead of a tight curl, you had the artist loosely wrap the tail around the branch? That way you get to see a pretty tail, but you don't have a distraction of a focal point on the tail?

Or just not have a full curl. There is plenty of times they have 2-3" leader and a much smaller curl.

:) Thank you for all the response, all fantastic Ideas. Much appreciated
It's early and I will consider all these option .I will be adding my Nosy Faly to flow below my arm next year . I have to make up my mind soon Tail behind,or in front or even curled around the branch. I've had about 3 weeks of healing.
Going back in for a 4 session next Saturday .
Thanks to CF folks (y)

Back
Top Bottom