its not funny....but the pic is

little leaf

Avid Member
I think its safe to say...Olive HATES the new Mist King system - :p you can just see her eye peaking out of the plants to be sure " the coast is clear" and the water is off :p I feel bad for her- she does this every time it comes on - poor thing ~ she is getting ready to shed, so she is extra crabby :eek:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 285
We wanted to get one

We were thinking of getting a mist king. ranger already hates to be misted and i thing he will be just like her, so i guess I can just save the money.

We were thinking of getting a mist king. ranger already hates to be misted and i thing he will be just like her, so i guess I can just save the money.

well, Olive is drama Queen about everything - lol I am going to make a "cone" - so it drips more than sprays - but the other chams like it, the babies, they love it :) she may get used to it- if not....I can always by-pass her cage :) I would still get one- they are really nice

Julie, my tiny campani, has learned to enjoy her mistking. She hated water when she got here from Little Leaf(Cheryl) but now she is normal.:):):)

Poor sweet Olive. Maybe she and the pits should pack and come see me.:rolleyes:

well, Olive is drama Queen about everything - lol I am going to make a "cone" - so it drips more than sprays - but the other chams like it, the babies, they love it :) she may get used to it- if not....I can always by-pass her cage :) I would still get one- they are really nice

I agree. I assume most chams get used to it and it's so easy and convenient and a purchase no1 ever regrets.

Julie, my tiny campani, has learned to enjoy her mistking. She hated water when she got here from Little Leaf(Cheryl) but now she is normal.:):):)

Poor sweet Olive. Maybe she and the pits should pack and come see me.:rolleyes:

Always willing to help! So kind... :D

My chameleon is pretty autistic when it comes to getting misted he just shakes his head aggressively instead of moving. I just angled the mister away from regular spots and onto some plants, he then waits until the mist stops to go get some water.

My Jackson hated the mist king mister nozzle, but once I converted it to a rain set up he sits under the rain drops and drinks every time.

My Jackson hated the mist king mister nozzle, but once I converted it to a rain set up he sits under the rain drops and drinks every time.
how did you do that? she has a dropper 24/7 - and she sits under that all the time - but her branches are so high, would that work, or does it have to be right on top of the cage?
this was my home made "rain dome" when I first got her - lol primitive, but it worked :p I just hooked it to a pump , and it would "rain" on her :)

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 96
My chameleon is pretty autistic when it comes to getting misted he just shakes his head aggressively instead of moving. I just angled the mister away from regular spots and onto some plants, he then waits until the mist stops to go get some water.

That is absolutely hilarious! Capture it on video sometime! :D

how did you do that? she has a dropper 24/7 - and she sits under that all the time - but her branches are so high, would that work, or does it have to be right on top of the cage?
this was my home made "rain dome" when I first got her - lol primitive, but it worked :p I just hooked it to a pump , and it would "rain" on her :)

It may be primative, but looks like it would work even better then a RainDome.

I made mine from a plastic shoe box and put 2 spray nozzles on the top pointing down.
This also works better then a rain dome.

It may be primative, but looks like it would work even better then a RainDome.

I made mine from a plastic shoe box and put 2 spray nozzles on the top pointing down.
This also works better then a rain dome.

it worked great - it was made out of some old O2 tubing, take a hot needle and burn tiny holes in it, and you can get these great little pumps at Harbor freight for like $9 - they will pump water 6' in height, I may convert the babies to one, I like the MK, but when it goes off, I fear they are getting to much water all at once- they can not find their way out of the spray - I have taken the MK off the timer for now, and just plug it in by hand, and do a check to be sure the babies are not in the spray, even tho I have it pointed at the wall of the cage so it hits the wall, then beads up on the plants, maybe I am being to nervous? I just don't want them to get sick from to much water in their faces :( , on the up side, Olive is starting to stay a little longer when it comes on- I think it is the burst of water that spooks her, not so much the water itself ?

Intelligent Reps

Spend some time with this guys and you realize how smart they are. Mine watch me,my other pets and the TV. Creepy to turn around and realized your being stared at by 8 pairs of eyes!

Back
Top Bottom