It's never as good as first time.

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
Mr Green opened up mouth but got on hand and played on floor. Liked some Halloween spider web spider. LOL Was eating some crickets from forceps and pulled my forceps into his mouth.

Attachments

• taming.jpg
    taming.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 69
Mr Green opened up mouth but got on hand and played on floor. Liked some Halloween spider web spider. LOL Was eating some crickets from forceps and pulled my forceps into his mouth.
Handsome boy! I would really consider not feeding with the forceps, these are particularly dangerous for chams to eat from. They can suffer tongue injury's from hitting the forceps even to the point of needing their tongue amputated.

Wow, it was because I was distracted with filming him that I didn't release forceps. I will try to use fingers. He is not going in his feeder.

Wow, it was because I was distracted with filming him that I didn't release forceps. I will try to use fingers. He is not going in his feeder.
Yeah I just like to warn people. I saw a pretty horrible story in another forum about a cham that hit the forceps and did not release. The owner pulled back slightly on them as they were not expecting it. Poor dude could not retract his tongue so they had to amputate it. :cry:

Use fingers or hold a cup for him. I have feed Beman this way. He does not have a feeder run anymore. It allows us to have a connection still and maintain that I bring the food. It has worked well for me.

Yeah I just like to warn people. I saw a pretty horrible story in another forum about a cham that hit the forceps and did not release. The owner pulled back slightly on them as they were not expecting it. Poor dude could not retract his tongue so they had to amputate it. :cry:

Use fingers or hold a cup for him. I have feed Beman this way. He does not have a feeder run anymore. It allows us to have a connection still and maintain that I bring the food. It has worked well for me.
After he grabbed my forceps, I tried feeding him other crickets and tongue still works. I got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom