it's here!

rikkitiger

after 3 1/2 hours of waiting on my mom to arrive in the car, my brand new baby veiled chameleon from petco arrived! unfortunatly he was dry and a bit cold and shaken from the ride, but i do have a few questions

i havent sexed yet btw.

so..... it has a tendancy to climb to the top of the cage on the wire mesh and climb around up there backwards. should i worry? i dont want it t take a fall and get hurt!

one eye is a bit shut, while the other is open. should i worry? it also looks really skinny and fragile, and i can see all the ribs when it stretches.

is it a good idea to leave it alone for a few days, let it get settled and acclimated?

will it hunt the crickets? they arent really climbing but they ARE the right size. im a bit worried because they have the tendancy to hide down towards the bottom.

and i know it is DEEPLY discouraged, but is it possible to manage with a substrate in the bottom? i do have one just for tonight but you know.

I thought you said you managed to get the popup hamper and other things?

If you can get the things I posted in your other thread, that will be the BEST cheap setup possible :) I would definitely not keep it in the frog cage if that is what you are doing.

Substrate might be okay if you use a high up feeding cup.

Please post a picture of the chameleon and the cage.

as Saint Jimmy requested, post some pics of your new set up. And no, it is not good to have one eye closed. Petco often sells sick chameleons because they usually do not know what they are doing as far as the care goes. Why do you have substrate in the pop up hamper?

as Saint Jimmy requested, post some pics of your new set up. And no, it is not good to have one eye closed. Petco often sells sick chameleons because they usually do not know what they are doing as far as the care goes. Why do you have substrate in the pop up hamper?

Yeah was wondering this too. I would go ahead and get rid of the substrate, honestly.

We mentioned in the other thread that you don't need that, it's a big risk to take. :rolleyes:

Hopefully once you have some pics up we can help you some more though

i would love to post pics but i cant figure out a way yet- my computer wont connect to my new ipad and my new ipad wont connect to my internet..... everything is a mess.

i have a vet visit on friday and i dont have substrate, i was just wondering because it looks wierd to me without it.....

thanks for all the concern, its really honestly nice and i enjoy it to see people so passionate and imagine me like that one day.

thanks again! i will post pictures as soon as possible

i would love to post pics but i cant figure out a way yet- my computer wont connect to my new ipad and my new ipad wont connect to my internet..... everything is a mess.

i have a vet visit on friday and i dont have substrate, i was just wondering because it looks wierd to me without it.....

thanks for all the concern, its really honestly nice and i enjoy it to see people so passionate and imagine me like that one day.

thanks again! i will post pictures as soon as possible

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/wifi/

here is how. Your ipad WILL connect if you just try. I assume you just don't know how, it's not automatic, you have to do it yourself.

Take a pic with ipad, when you have the pic and internet, download an app called imgur. Use the imgur app to choose a photo and then copy the link it gives you and paste it here.

New Veiled

I would use a feeder cup to make it easier on the little guy. This also keeps the crickets away from the Chameleons at night when they can go after a chameleon's eyes. I would just line the bottom of the cage with newspapers. I also agree that the one eye shut is not a good thing. I would let Petco know that there may be a issue with this Chameleon as even see about a replacement. I hope everything is ok.
Terry

Is the cham in will the frog? And did you really get a new cage? Just be honest, we really want to help you but you need to level. You mentioned substrate, but then said you didnt have any. If you do have substrate, just get rid of it, easy fix.

You already have the cham and we are just trying to help you do the best you can.

Glad it made it.. I think some of the confusion is that you have two threads and your other thread "New Chameleon Owner" has all the main items in your set-up.

There are so many people (breeders of Veiled's) here in CA. You could have gotten a better beginner chameleon.. I think Petco sells for 99 bucks. Most breeders sell for 30 to 60. (just an option for later).

Back
Top Bottom