It's finally done

Nancygal

Kharma's new custom built, by my husband, and designed by me habitat!!

Lots of room for plants to grow into it, as in height and all directions for that matter. Have them on nice paver stones to have them tall for now. Still have a plant for the back wall. And will be hanging some to fill the top midway across.
On the beams across, we put galvanized steel strips I found for the plants that go up with magnets. Also found some sweet plastic like 1/2 moon plastic planters to hang as well.
The bottom is from an old dog crate cut to size. And there is plenty of real estate for a lay bin and even put wood across bottom front for privacy for her for the lay bin. As well as the planter box of spider plants as well.
And what do I get for all our troubles? The 1st day she goes in it, i get a big ol hiss and bite attempt!!! Rotflmao, typical Cham, but the next day she was good. Back to climbing right onto my hand and not wanting to get off. Lol. She has become quite the social gal.
20201129_131033.jpg

Attachments

• 20201129_180853.jpg
    20201129_180853.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20201129_180900.jpg
    20201129_180900.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20201129_131052.jpg
    20201129_131052.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201129_131104.jpg
    20201129_131104.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 79
What does the sheet metal with holes do? Do hang things on it?

Also love how each one of us tackles:mounting screen, dealing with hinges, latching it shut.

What does the sheet metal with holes do? Do hang things on it?

Also love how each one of us tackles:mounting screen, dealing with hinges, latching it shut.
yep the metal on the wood spacers i put there on the sides and back is totally for magnetic planter hanging, they work quite well and can even remove it i want to change it up. I totally took all the husbandry advice and such and natural behaviors into account when designing, so that it can adapt to growing plants and to be able to mount branches and the such as well. I am still filling in with plant life, so it isn't as empty as it looks in the pics.

yep the metal on the wood spacers i put there on the sides and back is totally for magnetic planter hanging, they work quite well and can even remove it i want to change it up. I totally took all the husbandry advice and such and natural behaviors into account when designing, so that it can adapt to growing plants and to be able to mount branches and the such as well. I am still filling in with plant life, so it isn't as empty as it looks in the pics.

I was going to ask around if anyone had been using magnets for hanging plants because I can get a hold of a bunch of magnets from inside destroyed computer hard drives and i figured the little plants don't weight much so being able to move them around if need be would be great.

Back
Top Bottom