its complete, eco system has flourished, cham incoming in may 8)

tzap13

It's complete, I set the bamboo walks, put in the feeder cup, May I will be buying a baby from epicchameleons.

Mistking has been going off 3x a day doing wonders for the plants.

I sanded the bamboo stalks to a baby smooth finish (the knuckles can be quite rough)

There are stones in the plants to cover the dirt.

Pondliner on the drain has been working flawlessly with a brand new car oil pan drain set underneath it, no leaks anywhere.

Just set the temp / humidity gauges up and they will be easy to read, the small one is rough to read unless you are right there.

Only thing I still need is another timer for basking light / dusk / dawn lights.

It's been a lot of fun and seems endless as to what all I bought for it hehe.

now for what to name my cham 8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 161
thanks!

Im pretty proud haha, I think my GF is going to kidney punch me if I send her one more pic haha

Nice enclosure. I really like your feeding cup. What did you put on it and how did you put it on? lol

cup

feeder cup I used a snapple peach tea jug, cut the center out, then slit a piece of rubber tubing to put around the cut edge so he cant cut his tongue on the grab in or out.
Then for the fun part, i put on a pair of rubber gloves and smeared silicone all over it, then i rolled it in eco earth I had put in a cheap turkey cooking pan from walmart. I pressed it hard and packed it onto it to cover all the areas and all the silicone, then I set it to dry.
After about a week, I dry brushed it to get all the really loose particles off, then rinsed it under water while rubbing it gently. I wanted to make sure all the loose stuff was off.
The bottom has tiny holes drilled in it to allow it to drain since the misters drench the enclosure heh.
You will have to remove the silicone from the rubber tubing as it is very loose and would easily come off on a mis strike, but it comes off super easy and sticks like a MF to the rest of the bottle

oh and...

and for the center of the cup I hot glued a metal screen piece from bottom up to allow the feeders to crawl up and preview themselves for the snatching

feeder cup I used a snapple peach tea jug, cut the center out, then slit a piece of rubber tubing to put around the cut edge so he cant cut his tongue on the grab in or out.
Then for the fun part, i put on a pair of rubber gloves and smeared silicone all over it, then i rolled it in eco earth I had put in a cheap turkey cooking pan from walmart. I pressed it hard and packed it onto it to cover all the areas and all the silicone, then I set it to dry.
After about a week, I dry brushed it to get all the really loose particles off, then rinsed it under water while rubbing it gently. I wanted to make sure all the loose stuff was off.
The bottom has tiny holes drilled in it to allow it to drain since the misters drench the enclosure heh.
You will have to remove the silicone from the rubber tubing as it is very loose and would easily come off on a mis strike, but it comes off super easy and sticks like a MF to the rest of the bottle

Thanks for the info....Gonna have to gather up the stuff and make my own...

That's very creative!
It certainly looks much better than a plain plastic bottle.
Overall, a very nice enclosure :)

Thumbs up for the enclosure.
And another thumbs up for getting one from Epicchameleons (that's where I got my little guy from).

Back
Top Bottom