It's been a little while, hasn't it

KeopiCat

Avid Member
Hi chameleon moms and dads,

I hope you've all been well! I'm glad to see so many familiar "faces" on the forums still ☺️

It's been a few years but I thought now seemed like a good time to get active in the chameleon community again. My baby, Mondo, passed away this past Christmas eve and my life has had a bit of a chameleon shaped hole in it ever since. While I won't be able to keep one again for a while, I'm looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful chameleons and learning as much as possible about them in the meantime.

See ya around the forums,
Clare 💚

Welcome back!

So sorry to hear that you lost your last chameleon. How old was he?
Thank you for the warm welcome and the words of sympathy <3
I'm not sure about his exact age because I got him as a sub-adult from a chain pet store. I had him for a little over 5 years, so I'd imagine he made it to about 5 1/2.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the words of sympathy <3
I'm not sure about his exact age because I got him as a sub-adult from a chain pet store. I had him for a little over 5 years, so I'd imagine he made it to about 5 1/2.
That’s a good long life he had! I’m sorry he passed! Glad youre back!

That’s a good long life he had! I’m sorry he passed! Glad youre back!
Thank you! I look forward to seeing you around the forums :)
It makes me happy to hear you say he had a long life. Even though I know that's in the normal lifespan range I can't help but feel it's too short

Thank you! I look forward to seeing you around the forums :)
It makes me happy to hear you say he had a long life. Even though I know that's in the normal lifespan range I can't help but feel it's too short
I understand. It seems to us that any animal that only lives a few years has such a short life compared to ours but I consider it a long life for them. I hope you find comfort.

I understand. It seems to us that any animal that only lives a few years has such a short life compared to ours but I consider it a long life for them. I hope you find comfort.

It's taken some time to getting used to having all the cage lights off and being able to have my room lights on past his old bedtime, but I'm slowly healing. I'm glad he had a long life, especially because he's my first and only reptile. I feel like there are a lot of things that could have gone wrong with husbandry that didn't ^^"

Back
Top Bottom