It's Almost Been A Year

funnyCAT140

Established Member
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
Almost one year ago I lost one of my best friends. I miss her everyday, even though she drove me crazy, even though she followed me around the house constantly begging for food, even though we spent hundreds of dollars for veterinary care because she was so addicted to food that she didn't drink enough water because it wasn't food, even though she would pee on my rug just to piss me off. I loved that fat cat. Now let me tell you the story of how I lost my dear Tiger. Tiger was an indoor, outdoor cat (people might not agree with that, but it's a cat they're like stealthy ninjas if they want outside they go outside) so she went out when she wanted and came back at night. One night she didn't come back, it was odd but she had done that before so I didn't think much about it. Next night she's still not home, so I'm just mad at her because there was another outdoor cat that she hung out with so I thought she was just with him. Days go by and I'm walking up and down the streets looking and calling for her. One day I look on Facebook, come to find out my neighbor's had her locked in their house in a cat carrier because they thought she was a stray and didn't want her getting away. No big deal a simple misunderstanding, so I walk down there ask for my cat back. Of course the day before they took her to the humane society. Ok well I'll just go to the humane society then. I get to the humane society, "oh no sweety we don't have any cats that look like that here. I bet they took her to the "other place." (I don't want to say any names) I go to the other place. they don't have her. I go back to the humane society. "Well sweety we didn't want to say this, but this is what really happened. We did get your cat, but we put her in the back room where we quarantine the dogs. We put her in the room and we left the back door open so when the dogs barked she ran away." I just want to say they are supposed to quarantine the cats in a separate room from the dogs, and they didn't put her in a carrier they just put her I an open room with dogs In cages around her. So after a week of going out there and looking, we never found her. One day we got there 15 minutes before they opened just to stop in and see if they had found her. At the time my sister and I had to watch my grandpa who had brain cancer so my grandma could go to work and we were already late. They told us to leave and to not come back anymore because we were making them look bad to the people who might want to adopt an animal from them. To this day I don't really know what happened to her, and the humane society never contacted us to give us updates like they promised. I miss Tiger every day and it might seem crazy but I still have hopes that one day I might see her again.

Back
Top Bottom