Itching eye???

Handmisting or an automated misting machine?

Sometimes they will not clean their eyes if your handmisting. THis is where having a mistking is beneficial.
Ohhh ok I’m hand misting, is there a certain way I can hand mist that will allow him to clean his eye?

Ohhh ok I’m hand misting, is there a certain way I can hand mist that will allow him to clean his eye?
Ehhh so that is the hard part lol. IME they do not like to drink or clean their eyes if your hand misting...

So if you have an extra plant sit it in the bathtub. Then put him on that and do a long misting session there. See if you can trigger a cleaning response. If your not standing over him he may go ahead and clean the eye. And since he is in the tub on a plant you can do a long 3-5 minute misting. Then you are not raising the humidity levels too high in the hot cage as well with the longer session.

Ehhh so that is the hard part lol. IME they do not like to drink or clean their eyes if your hand misting...

So if you have an extra plant sit it in the bathtub. Then put him on that and do a long misting session there. See if you can trigger a cleaning response. If your not standing over him he may go ahead and clean the eye. And since he is in the tub on a plant you can do a long 3-5 minute misting. Then you are not raising the humidity levels too high in the hot cage as well with the longer session.
Ok thank you so much, I’m going to try that and see how it goes. But I have to stand over him to mist him or should I crouch down so I’m not taller then him so he will clean?

Ok thank you so much, I’m going to try that and see how it goes. But I have to stand over him to mist him or should I crouch down so I’m not taller then him so he will clean?
Crouch down and pop a squat on the floor lol. BUT watch his behavior if he is freaking and stressing trying to get off the plant then it will not work. Do not spray him close... You want a gentle mist... So keep the nozzle like 2 feet away... Whatever works with your sprayer so that he is not getting beaten with the spray. Just gentle.

Crouch down and pop a squat on the floor lol. BUT watch his behavior if he is freaking and stressing trying to get off the plant then it will not work. Do not spray him close... You want a gentle mist... So keep the nozzle like 2 feet away... Whatever works with your sprayer so that he is not getting beaten with the spray. Just gentle.
Ok thank you, and what would the cleaning response from him look like?

It will look like this

Ohhh ok so I’ll look for that. Also his head is starting to shed a little bit so maybe he’s itching his eye more because it’s starting near his eye or maybe a small piece got in it so this will hopefully help him. Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
Ohhh ok so I’ll look for that. Also his head is starting to shed a little bit so maybe he’s itching his eye more because it’s starting near his eye or maybe a small piece got in it so this will hopefully help him. Thank you so much!!
If he is shedding you need to wait to do this. You do not want to soak him while shedding. They are dry shedders and it will cause the shed to stick to the skin.

And this may very well be why he is rubbing it.

If he is shedding you need to wait to do this. You do not want to soak him while shedding. They are dry shedders and it will cause the shed to stick to the skin.

And this may very well be why he is rubbing it.
Ok I’ll wait then because I just checked on him now and his eye is beginning to shed too. I think that’s why he’s rubbing it so much now.

Back
Top Bottom