It was bound to happen

Well since I now have three reptile children it was only a matter of time before someone bit me lol. I kind of thought it would be my veiled Loki.....only because he is such a grump lol.

Turns out it was my newest addition Link (Panther cham). And it wasn't his fault, I was giving him medication and took to long holding his mouth....he only nipped the end of my finger but holy crap did it hurt and bleed lol.

He seemed just ask shocked as I was after it happened lol. He has become such an amazing guy now that his back is healing up (he came to me with a massive burn) and he is starting to feel better.

He is so friendly, if you walk by his terrarium and happen to make eye contact with him he is instantly at the front of the cage waiting for you to open it...at which time he is already trying to find your hand to climb onto lol.

That being said I would hate to have a full on meant to harm bit. I can't imagine it would feel to nice lol....the power in their jaws is a little scary :eek:

Good job getting your panther back to good health. In the past 14 months panthers have turned into my all time favorite reptile. They can have such amazing personalities. I too have some panthers that love to be held. All I have to do is open the door and show my hand and within seconds they are crawling on me by there own free will. There's nothing like a panther!!!

Funny I run across this thread, I have yet to be bitten by my new Chameleon family but the oustalets Cham I had some years ago bit me once and I remember I was not very happy about it! He was a full grown adult and broke skin!
But just today my wife texts me all upset saying our female Veiled bit her, lol! My poor wife, she is so tough that she didn't react in front of our girl's because she did want to scare them! She said it hurt bad!

Good job getting your guy back in health. Yes when they bite it sure draws blood. So far the only one to bit me is my bearded dragon. Wow that was something else, he even took some skin off.

I wouldn't want to get a full on meant to cause pain bite that's for sure. The nip I got was enough to remind me that no matter how friendly Link has turned out to be, he is still able to give a nasty bite lol

It hurt....I don't know what I would compare it to...maybe pinching your finger hard in a drawer plus getting a chunk of skin ripped off at the same time lol.

The cut didn't hurt as much as the pressure from his jaw. I still have a bit of bruising on it and its tender.

I wouldn't recommend it that's for sure ;)

I have only been bitten by my jacksonii, and he was small. It didn't hurt, so
I just let him bite me. He finally stopped doing it!

They normally give me warning well before they try to bite, so I go with the flow!!

Sometimes, I do get nailed by accident when hand feeding, and it does hurt :eek: but never drew blood.

I would guess that a full grown veiled cham could pack a powerful bite, but don't want to find out by personal experience ;)

I havent been bitten before myself but not looking forward to it. I plan on getting a Meller's sometime in the future and hopefully I wont break my record. :D

Back
Top Bottom