It’s a girl how do I prepare to take care of her when shes older

Xcelution

i went to the vet the other day because I thought something was wrong with my bby but turns out she’s fine then the vet tells me that it’s a girl then she told me that she’ll start laying eggs probably next year becauss she’s a couple months old and tbh I don’t know how to prepare for that I read a couple articles already and they said get a trashcan and put dirt in it but how do I know when to take her out and let her lay eggs and I know this might sound dumb as hell but no one has told me yet if those eggs will have babies inside of them and if I’ll have to get a incubator and all that stuff. Btw it’s just her I have no male Cham just her. Don’t roast me plz show MERCY

Look into lay bins and female nutrition/supplementation. And get a lay bin ready as soon as you can and let it sit in the cage. The eggs will not be fertile if she is not mated with a Male.

Look into lay bins and female nutrition/supplementation. And get a lay bin ready as soon as you can and let it sit in the cage. The eggs will not be fertile if she is not mated with a Male.
Link please if you can or do I just search up “look into lay bins and females” in the searchbar

No incubator needed unless you plan on actually breeding. But you definitely have to get a laying bin otherwise she’ll get eggbound and that’s potentially fatal. The vet may have said you have some time to prepare the laying bin but sooner rather than later is definitely better. I’m not positive as to when they actually start laying eggs as I have a male and not any two female chameleons are the same, but if she’s already a couple months old it wouldn’t hurt to be prepared in case she’s an early bloomer.

Back
Top Bottom