issue with waking up my cham in the morning

jerseyrugby21

every morning i either wake up between 645 and 715 every day and i have my alarm wake me up. i have my cham in my room and he cannot be moved anywhere else in the house. currently i wake up to find him already awake and not going to sleep and i feel that my alarm is waking him. what should i do about this because his lights go on at 8 and i feel bad waking him up every morning at this hour. is there anything that i could do? any suggestions? and is this bed for my chams health?

Well, chameleons can't hear so it's not the alarm that's waking him. Is there light coming in through your windows? They pretty much follow whatever the sun is doing, so if it's light by 7 and dark by 6, that's when they're going to wake up and go to sleep respectively. Is he able to go to sleep when the sun goes down? If he is, then he is probably getting enough sleep and will be fine. If not, I would suggest covering up his cage at night so that the lights you have on don't keep himup.

agreed with Olympia. I cover my chams cage every night with a blanket so he is not disturbed from the light from my computer.

What is a good bed time and wake up?? I have been turning Sayid's lights off at 10pm and back on at 7ish to allow warm up time for misting and feeding before I go to work. Should I put him to bed later?

I follow exactly what the sun is doing, basically. I have the timer set to turn on about 20-30 minutes after the sun starts coming out and then 20-30 mins before it completely sets. I don't care if it's not exactly/more than 12 hours, I think it's more natural to follow a normal day rhythm because it's what they would do in the wild. So this is generally from like 7:30 to almost 8 right now, but was from 7 to 4:30 during winter.

agreed with Olympia. I cover my chams cage every night with a blanket so he is not disturbed from the light from my computer.

ok i will defiantly do that then but does that reduce the airflow?

on another note didn't know they couldn't hear..learn something new every day..lol

My chameleon is awake a little before her light goes on and a little before her lights go off. The room she is in gets a lot of natural light so she seems to go more by the ambient light. Because of the foliage in the cage, there are some dark spots that she can go to to sleep

So long as your chameleon has at least 10 hours of night he should be fine. If he's not sleeping during the day he's probably getting enough sleep.

My chameleon is awake a little before her light goes on and a little before her lights go off. The room she is in gets a lot of natural light so she seems to go more by the ambient light. Because of the foliage in the cage, there are some dark spots that she can go to to sleep

So long as your chameleon has at least 10 hours of night he should be fine. If he's not sleeping during the day he's probably getting enough sleep.

same here with my chams..its like they get in a schedule and already know bed time is comming, so they go to the "favorite spot" on the tree and prepare for bed time..

Back
Top Bottom