Issue at night with Humadity and Temperature!!!! New at Chameleoing :D

Hmm so sprayers needs to be replaced to front? that might make sense, also for mist one its not good to be in back of middle like its on my? what would be best position for misting?
temps might be hard to achieve to go that low since in germany it gets pretty hot during days, also in room there's no like fresh air ongoing its basicly next to cabinet so i think it also helps from humadity spread around outside of cage, maybe only right side needs to get covered as Jpeff said.. also i ordered a new UVB that lights and gives UVB that will go above, this is only current one that i ordered wrongly, however new one is comming tomorrow i think... and it will be replaced immidietely..
my only biggest challenge is night with temp and humidity where i have problems achieving lower temps and bigger humidity. Also plants fake ones i have are actually approved for Chameleons atleast website states that, he's enyoing his position where he's currently sleeping, he's spending most of his time there and i didn't ever seen him dark like he's unhappy or atleast from checking and reading about it. He's also very friendly even i know they dont develop any feelings, he doesnt want to bite me at all or even open his mouth at all he's very chill. however I am not sure honestly what to do beside changing position of sprayers and mist tube if that would help humidity
also windows insulation as Jpeff said on right side which i probably do miss, since i see mist at bellow goes outside mostly on that side, so it might be reason why its going out and none humidity stays in.
About fake plants possition i have seen some videos, and some people do it this way, could you suggest me any video or anything i could watch to get idea on how is the best to setup it? maybe it will help me with all since i am out of idea on how to setup it actually propertly..
Also his name is Rocky :D I got to say that he's really nice so far i thought he will be challenging and that he wont want to come in my hands i never take him i only put my hand and if he wants he will come, then i take him at windows for some sun light since i heard its also good for chameleons i leave him there and he doesn't move at all he enyoys his time at sun ....
I am not the best in understanding all things i learned all what i need through internet page where it explains what machines and so on i will need to setup it, and accordingly to that i ordered all...
Great name! What type of lighting did you buy (T5 HO, T8, etc), along with the brand and bulb strength? If you can afford it, a portable or window A/C unit is the best for lowering temps! For the fake plants, veileds will eat them, which can cause an impaction and sometimes lead to death. Veiled tested live plants are the way to go! For sitting by the window, UV can't pass through glass, so outside time would be more beneficial for him health-wide and for strengthening your bond!
Farm from which i bought cage told me 60x45x90 would be just fine for him, so i ordered accordingly to store tips, not really sure does few inches will make him such diffrences as i dont feel he lacks on space, more on humadity and temperatures at night, he seems to be kind of happy with this... he doesn't hisp or attack at all...
The biggest thing is the depth of the cage, as veiled males can grow longer than that.
Also any tip is welcome i just need more information to understand it easier, since i dont understand most of things being said :D i want to learn all within time
Here's some great videos and links!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-120844.png
    Screenshot_20220627-120844.png
    704 KB · Views: 78
  • Chameleon-Plants-061321-scaled-300x388.jpg
    Chameleon-Plants-061321-scaled-300x388.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 73
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 69
Great name! What type of lighting did you buy (T5 HO, T8, etc), along with the brand and bulb strength? If you can afford it, a portable or window A/C unit is the best for lowering temps! For the fake plants, veileds will eat them, which can cause an impaction and sometimes lead to death. Veiled tested live plants are the way to go! For sitting by the window, UV can't pass through glass, so outside time would be more beneficial for him health-wide and for strengthening your bond!

The biggest thing is the depth of the cage, as veiled males can grow longer than that.

Here's some great videos and links!

Uh lights i use normal led lights since i dont really need here heat lamps i think it would be just to to much, if it gets to that point i'll definetely order heat lamps, so far i got this UVB light that i really dislike since it has to be inside otherwise it wont get any heat its UVB without light, however ordered new one accordingly to amazon people reviews the best one for them link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01BHYSMWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think this one lamp is the best, also ordered: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Aluminiu...14e-8119-55aeaad1ac36&pd_rd_i=B01CAG0KTM&th=1

I am sitting alot on my laptop, and watching him, since i do alot of work on laptop i have alot time to watch at him, how he's doing and what he's doing.
Most of time, he's sitting and enyoying warm of UVB non light, feels like he's enyoying it very much, he's colors are never to dark, sometimes it gets more colorful in way it gets dark but nothing serious, he's mostly very light so i believe it means he's happy, when i made a photo of him at night noticed aswell that he's light during a sleep now i dont know what it means while he's sleeping i guess that hes aswell happy, since if he's not he would go as dark as possible to reduce wasting his energy from what i heard?
I expected him to be more angry and non happy from people reviews about chameleons i dont know if i had just luck, or i am miss understanding everything... however i'll try to improve his property :D
For now i'll stick with this cage its not about money, its more about time i put into creating this one, and he's still we can say small hehe
If and when i notice he's struggling i guess he will show it with his colors? :D
I like that part about chameleons they express their happines through colors and you can mostly know when something is up with him..i am also giving him nice dose of vitamins, just to make sure he's getting it... however he didn't so far at all eat any plants, nor drinked water from them, he only drinks watter from him self, when it drops near his mouth then he like licks and open mouth ....i am kind of suprised he's still alive, maybe i just dont pay as much attention when his drinking, however i am trying to watch him more and understand what i can change, but he doesn't seem to be to much asking... i give him also for meal only crickets...with lots of proteins..
Also i have A/C device but i thought mist can lower temps..or rain... in cage
I'll definetely look around for real plants since i have near store with huge choice... Just need to make sure its not venemous for him...
also window is opened .... he sits on plastic of PVC window and doesn't move at all...and when i take him to move him back in cage, he doesn't want to go, he starts going fast on my shoulder just to get back... he seems happy its hard to tell for me ....
Also again i'll see still for the cage, but at momment i think this one is fine, if he will need a bigger one i'll get one, also how can i know when he requires a bigger cage i know he likes tall cages thats why he's really high, and most of time he anyways spends at top brench where he's at like watching me directly at my eyes when i am standing, and i am also tall 1,95m smaller person he watches from above, however as said when i am sitting i dont think he can even see me how low i am :D
Also thank you for your help its much appriciated! i am sure he will not die because of humadity and all that for some time untill i discover how can improve, however i want those things he needs to be perfected! I will order some follie or something to cover and right side, and bellow at from wheere mostly mist releases from cage i guess that might help alot with humidity while for temp i might use light fan pointing at him or something that slowly pushes air nothing noisy, think it will work just fine he will have that jungle feeling at night when it gets colder and kind of windy

Also update..
ordered on amazon: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B09KXT8S55?psc=1&smid=A35L3IWIT7CIS9&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
it seems to be best solution it sticks, its transparent, and i can fill with this front below where is drainage opening and right side, so finger crossed this should fix my issue during nights when doing humidity.
Since i see alot leaving out only down below, above nothing... so with this mist should stay longer in cage, and not run out like it did before.....
So lets hope this was my solution, and for test for temp i'll use fan, and i'll test it out, i am sure it will be just fine i will not give up untill he gets temps lowered and humidity is at point during nights.. however not every night here is the same, some are more dry and some are more wet, all depends on time Germany is very much unpredictable hehe... so i'll see in couple days... I am just happy that he's happy

You need t5ho uvb 5 or 6 percent so he gets d3. If not he will get mbd and get very sick
Yea but i noticed people buy https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01BHYSMWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
arent they just fine, watched multiple reviews of people using it.. also currently i am having https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07RDPBC3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 however in any reviews i dont see people use them, only at night maybe were it gets colder i guess...since germany is unpredictable i guess its good to have it aswell ready for action... however please if i am buying wrong let me know... cause i am not sure which exactly i should buy, everyone says diffrent however i see people use mostly https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01BHYSMWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cause its all in one, they say with this you atleast know your getting all your pet needs... so i guess thats one truth however is 80 watt good?
I want it to be simple and clean inside from lamps and so on.. maybe a bit more light however not sure heat lamps is something i would really really need.. since currently in cage is 26.6 and in room 27,3 and it will get even hotter in days.. so i think https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01BHYSMWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 lamp + UVB that comes out of it willl be just fine, and whats t5?? is it same as the one i am showing or it is for diffrent purpose?

Also Jpeff i appriciate your help

This should be one you're looking for https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Arcadia-UV-B-Forest-Light-Strip/dp/B084ZQ474Y/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1MMNQZYNSSJH7&keywords=arcadia+pro+t5+uvb+kit&qid=1656935547&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=arcadia+,pets,76&sr=1-10

For chameleons we need linear UVB lighting and no UVB bulbs. Bulbs are only good for heating (the non UVB onces)
Oh i see i didn't really think those aint good, since it says it also gives UVB whatsoever.. so i made mistake ordering, good thing its not shipped yet and i can cancel it! :D Thanks to you! I'll re-order the one or similar u said big thanks buddy!!!

This should be one you're looking for https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Arcadia-UV-B-Forest-Light-Strip/dp/B084ZQ474Y/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1MMNQZYNSSJH7&keywords=arcadia+pro+t5+uvb+kit&qid=1656935547&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=arcadia+,pets,76&sr=1-10

For chameleons we need linear UVB lighting and no UVB bulbs. Bulbs are only good for heating (the non UVB onces)
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07RDPBC3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also what about this one?
Is it any good since its not lightning, and it gives aswell heat i can feel it around i know its not best to keep it inside, however is it giving him that uvb 6% or whatever that hee needs? Asking just so i know till this one doesn't come since i have to order it now!

You really need the linear ones and following chart will show why and at the link you can read background

And btw I would go for the 54w version, that one is wider and if you upgrade your enclosure it directly covers it.

Screenshot 2022-07-04 141318.jpg

Oh i see i didn't really think those aint good, since it says it also gives UVB whatsoever.. so i made mistake ordering, good thing its not shipped yet and i can cancel it! :D Thanks to you! I'll re-order the one or similar u said big thanks buddy!!!
No Props, this is where the community is for (and of course many more things ;) )

You really need the linear ones and following chart will show why and at the link you can read background

And btw I would go for the 54w version, that one is wider and if you upgrade your enclosure it directly covers it.

View attachment 326219

If i leave him in this cage, will he struggle later? i mean size its completely fine, however i dont know as much so its better to ask, will that be a big problem? or he might be just fine and with this one, since it looks spacious.. however as it been said in future it might be diffrent so i'd like to know more i just hope i wont need to replace this one, cause it would be pain in ass again hh

That you're asking at the wrong person :rolleyes: I live with the principal for chameleons, 'more is better', I keep my chams at the biggest possible space I can give them. Lets say e.g. a 10m2 apartment without balcony or garden in Berlin is no bad life, however a........you get my point ;)
For now he should be fine, but Veiled's grow fast and an adult veiled needs the minimum of 60x60x120cm, bigger is always better.

And doesn't need to be that expensive either https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/low-budget-enclosure-setup.2462/

That you're asking at the wrong person :rolleyes: I live with the principal for chameleons, 'more is better', I keep my chams at the biggest possible space I can give them. Lets say e.g. a 10m2 apartment without balcony or garden in Berlin is no bad life, however a........you get my point ;)
For now he should be fine, but Veiled's grow fast and an adult veiled needs the minimum of 60x60x120cm, bigger is always better.

And doesn't need to be that expensive either https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/low-budget-enclosure-setup.2462/

I understand the meaning more space they have, they might be happier, however i ask is it neccessary? could they be satisfied and with the one i currently have 60x45x90
I've watched all around and people say minimum would be the one i have since my room isnt spacious, i've choosen the smaller one, i've put him more higher, so he gets the feeling like he's above alot. Not sure how much more bigger he will get, however seeing him inside now, doesn't seem he will get much much bigger then this.. i didn't get him as baby, farm where i bought in Germany is m&s reptilien https://www.ms-reptilien.de/tierbes...t-nz-22-chamaeleo-calyptratus-bild-symbolisch
They also told me 60x45x90 will be just fine for chameleon, however people recommend 60x60x120 since its more spacious even he will never need as much, so i am really confused with all informations i am getting i also see from some youtubers they are posting aswell both bigger and the one i have... However i understand your enthusiast and you want them the best, however i want to admire and watch them, and for me this one seems to be just fine, however when u said when he grows up now it makes me wonder how much more will he grow up lol

I understand the meaning more space they have, they might be happier, however i ask is it neccessary? could they be satisfied and with the one i currently have 60x45x90
I've watched all around and people say minimum would be the one i have since my room isnt spacious, i've choosen the smaller one, i've put him more higher, so he gets the feeling like he's above alot. Not sure how much more bigger he will get, however seeing him inside now, doesn't seem he will get much much bigger then this.. i didn't get him as baby, farm where i bought in Germany is m&s reptilien https://www.ms-reptilien.de/tierbes...t-nz-22-chamaeleo-calyptratus-bild-symbolisch
They also told me 60x45x90 will be just fine for chameleon, however people recommend 60x60x120 since its more spacious even he will never need as much, so i am really confused with all informations i am getting i also see from some youtubers they are posting aswell both bigger and the one i have... However i understand your enthusiast and you want them the best, however i want to admire and watch them, and for me this one seems to be just fine, however when u said when he grows up now it makes me wonder how much more will he grow up lol
I thought I would picture it correctly. No, he won't be happy when full grown in a 60x45x90 enclosure, just as I wasn't happy in my 10m2 apartment in Berlin. Yes, I could live there and go to work, but I wasn't happy. Once your boy is full grown, you'll see he hasn't have much room to turn and walk around and yes some chameleons aren't that active and only use maybe a quarter of their space. A male can get a body length of 15 till 20 cm without tail and for now he'll be fine with your enclosure, but just consider to go bigger one day. I know that with all information on the web it's confusing and we'll suffered the same fade, I made the same mistake with my veiled the first time. I thought I bought a chameleon for available space I got, but the problem is, you end up searching for websites confirming you can keep one at the available space you got and you're denying the true facts (speaking for myself), started with a 45x45x90cm for my female and as soon she started to grow, I knew she needed the 60x60x120cm as recommended. Herewith proof of it ;)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/state-of-mind.2461/

Just remind stores just wanna make money and when they got a customer, but he/she doubting about space they tell everything just to sell you something,

i've put him more higher, so he gets the feeling like he's above alot.
This is perfect, when they can bask above your head in height, then they feel the most secure.

This care sheet gives you lot's of information and in within Germany you also got a good source www.madcham.de and a panther will get almost the size as a veiled.

https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Veiled-Care-Summary-2022C.pdf

Here's full grown male for comparison, thanks @Beman for your picture ;) it's from a few months till full grown.

beman.png

And you're doing great, so don't see this as an assault 👏
We're just here to share our experience and all with best intentions. For now the most important part is the correct UVB lighting (which you ordered (y))
Just checked your picture and I think he'll grow a bit more, best indicator is always weighing them, he'll easily go past 150 gram.

I thought I would picture it correctly. No, he won't be happy when full grown in a 60x45x90 enclosure, just as I wasn't happy in my 10m2 apartment in Berlin. Yes, I could live there and go to work, but I wasn't happy. Once your boy is full grown, you'll see he hasn't have much room to turn and walk around and yes some chameleons aren't that active and only use maybe a quarter of their space. A male can get a body length of 15 till 20 cm without tail and for now he'll be fine with your enclosure, but just consider to go bigger one day. I know that with all information on the web it's confusing and we'll suffered the same fade, I made the same mistake with my veiled the first time. I thought I bought a chameleon for available space I got, but the problem is, you end up searching for websites confirming you can keep one at the available space you got and you're denying the true facts (speaking for myself), started with a 45x45x90cm for my female and as soon she started to grow, I knew she needed the 60x60x120cm as recommended. Herewith proof of it ;)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/state-of-mind.2461/

Just remind stores just wanna make money and when they got a customer, but he/she doubting about space they tell everything just to sell you something,

This is perfect, when they can bask above your head in height, then they feel the most secure.

This care sheet gives you lot's of information and in within Germany you also got a good source www.madcham.de and a panther will get almost the size as a veiled.

https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Veiled-Care-Summary-2022C.pdf

Here's full grown male for comparison, thanks @Beman for your picture ;) it's from a few months till full grown.

View attachment 326220
Beman says there is a licensing fee for using his image. :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom