Isopod Colors?

mujino

Established Member
@jamest0o0 you have some different color variations of isopod - are there any functional differences between them? As in, why you should buy Powder Orange vs Powder Blue.

Posting as a thread in case others know too.

Most of the colors are from genetic color offshoots. So no real differences
Hmm in fact lot of wc sp have colors and its used to act like camouflage or scary pattern to look like poison or predators. I got 42 isopods speacies here, my wc are the most colorfull;) but between orange poweder and orange powder both are same speacies (pruinosus) and orange are a morph from the blue powder;)

Hmm in fact lot of wc sp have colors and its used to act like camouflage or scary pattern to look like poison or predators. I got 42 isopods speacies here, my wc are the most colorfull;) but between orange poweder and orange powder both are same speacies (pruinosus) and orange are a morph from the blue powder;)

Yes that's what I meant by genetic offshoot. They're the same species with color variations for whatever reason. I'm not very knowledgeable with isopods TBH other than basics, and what has worked for the dozen or so species I've kept.

42 damn! That's more than the amount of roach species I keep lol.

Stupid question idk lol so I work at a tree nursery and I find blue isopods all the time. Can I get a bunch of those and throw them in my dubia bin for clean up? Or will they not do much ?

Stupid question idk lol so I work at a tree nursery and I find blue isopods all the time. Can I get a bunch of those and throw them in my dubia bin for clean up? Or will they not do much ?

Yeah they should. I use canyons for some of my roach bins and they help a ton

Back
Top Bottom