ISO Quadricornis spp, Jacksonii Jacksonii, or Melleri

DrewBert

Hello! I am looking to pick up a Montane species such as Quadricornis, True Jackson’s, or a Meller’s. Have all the setup already, large custom cage, free range, T5 HO, Mister, Fogger, Plants. Prefer it to be CB but I realize that is a tall order for some of these species.

For some reason it says I have insufficient privileges to post in classifieds so I am posting here.

Mellers are so awesome but they require a lot. For starters a super huge enclosure or possibly a small room. Also it is extremely hard to find them and they take some real skill and expertise to tribe and live a healthy life.

The Chameleon will have it’s own 16’ x 16’ room, I could accommodate a Meller’s or even a Parson’s. Thank you for the info though!

If you have an entire room to give them, I think I would go with the larger species of chameleons--either a parson's chameleon or meller's chameleon. That way you will at least be able to find them in the enclosure.

For parson's chameleons, message Craig Durbin @Action Jackson (@primochameleons on Instagram). He might still have some Yellow Giants available. If not, some clutches should be hatching later this year (I believe).

For Meller's, check out @Tamuradesigns on Instagram and give him a PM. Not sure if he has any available at the moment.

Many chameleon breeders are wary of who they sell to. So make sure your enclosure is looking spectacular to help convince them that you are the right person to sell to. I'm sure you have done your research, but even experienced keepers are constantly learning new things. So keep on doing your research, even after you get the animal.

Great advice Mendez! Sorry it took so long to respond I’ve been in and out of HazMat suits since Wednesday dealing with Biohazard and Asbestos (My fiancée cares for the Tree Lions as well)

This is exactly what I’m looking for and your rec that the husbandry be 100% on point is much appreciated. The current setup would have to be modified for a larger Cham, such as adding thicker branches, larger plants, more UVB, and more water sources from the mister, possibly even a waterfall?

I feel that we never stop learning about these wonderful little critters and that is one of the aspects that makes chameleon keeping such a joy.

Back
Top Bottom