Is this unusual

Nylah712

My Cham has been staying on the branch for a few days now and he only really moves to get food. I’ve adjusted the temp so it is at the correct setting but I think my thermometer might be wrong. He is at the middle of his cage at the moment as seen in the photos. Is this unusual and should I be worried?

Attachments

• AB7CD555-2C9C-4586-AD20-F019D9C13D51.jpeg
    AB7CD555-2C9C-4586-AD20-F019D9C13D51.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 4E6A70CF-9D47-4CF4-AE87-45DDD7EBB647.jpeg
    4E6A70CF-9D47-4CF4-AE87-45DDD7EBB647.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 93
I agree ^ . Also he looks like he is a mature boy and a 16x16x30 cage is way too small for a Male Panther. It really needs to be upgraded to a 2x2x4 foot minimum to give him the room to move around.

I upgraded him to a 2x2x4 a month ago and he was very stress in there and since I was going on vacation for the first week he was in there, I had to take him out. In the other cage he was in a very busy room w/ dogs and for that time and now that is the only place the cage can be fit. I have been waiting to get a cabinet to but his cage on that will elevate him in order to get he less stressed about the dogs but, for now until summer break I cannot upgrade his place. I do have a vine but, it was very dirty so I took it out for cleaning. At the moment I don’t have the exact brands of lighting but I know that his basking is around 85 degrees. Ambient around 75s.

I will suggest take him outside when its a sunny warm day like I always recommend everyone's cham..he looks bored in that picture...

I will put some more branches in his cage and when it gets in the high 70s I will take him outside but right now the weather is in the 60s and I’m afraid it would be too cold

I will put some more branches in his cage and when it gets in the high 70s I will take him outside but right now the weather is in the 60s and I’m afraid it would be too cold
60's and full sun can be quite warm. Take a temp gauge outside with you. It never gets over 62 where I live. But with full sun and a light breeze heat levels reach 90's easily.

Back
Top Bottom