is this ture? no dusting for these chams???

Thezillaman21

Avid Member
http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/ruwenzori-side-striped-chameleon.html
it says the rudis chameleon doesnt need dusting?? i dont own a rudis i was just reaschering diffrent species cuz i wanna get another cham in the next year or so. anyone who has experience with the bradypodin family know of a hardy species thats easy to beed? im only aloud smaller chams and im nevrous about pgymies cuz im worried about being able to keep fruitflies for long periods of time.

If it helps, adult pygmies need small crickets. Fruitflies are too small for them. So you could still use crickets. Although if breeding is your goal (which I would have to ask you why) you'll need fruitflies for any species because babies are always tiny.

If it helps, adult pygmies need small crickets. Fruitflies are too small for them. So you could still use crickets. Although if breeding is your goal (which I would have to ask you why) you'll need fruitflies for any species because babies are always tiny.

yeah my goal is breeding but dont most chams out grow FF in a few days?
bahaha i relized i just miss spelled true in the title. lol

All I'm going to say is that isn't the greatest article on chameleon care, and there are a lot of things that are questionable or incorrect. If you want a Rudis, what you will actually find in the US is the "Sternfeldi", which is incorrectly referred to as Rudis. Do some species research on Sternfeldi on the forums, and see if it's the right chameleon for you.

If you are feeding it captive bred insects and they usually have a poor ratio of calcium to phos. wouldn't it make sense that they need to be dusted with calcium to balance the two?

If you're using WC insects then maybe not...but I would still be likely to dust them lightly.

Back
Top Bottom