Cham Not Eating

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
Your Chameleon - 7-8 mo old panther chameleon. Had her about two months

Handling - How often do you handle you chameleon? I dont handle her. She is still new and I am pairing myself with food first per vet recommendation

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Cricket staple with occassional wax worm treat. She wont eat horn worms yet or dubai roaches but I make them available. When she is older ill skip a feeding or two to see if i can introduce more feeders.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Right now she gets phosphorous frew, D-Free calcium and Sticky tongue I every other day dusted on crickets. Will start reducing the sticky tongue at 1 year. Again per ver rec

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Constant dripper, fog and mist king. Misted twice in AM once in the evening and fog at night. yes i see her drink.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not tested yet but her poop looks good! Little bit of orange in urate sometimes but i think thats bc she only poops every other to every two days

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you... shes still new to me so im learning her habits!!

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? LARGE(23x23x48) dragon strand full mesh cage.

Lighting - What brand, model, and types oflighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 36inch t5ho on 12 off 12

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Dang i havnt measured overnight temps.... 90 basking spot 75-80 ambient.
Multiple thermos but never checked at night bc shes asleep and all the lights in her room are off...

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 70-80% in most humid spot. 50 ambient. Measure with multiple humidity gages.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes. Pathos, umbrella, ficus, orchid, hibiscus and another pathos. Cleaned and sorted before entrance.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Cage is in the corner of a spare bedroom /yoga room. No direct sun but plenty of of ambient not by vents or fans. Closed the vents in this room so i can control climate better and keep rest of my house cool for humans.

Location - Where are you geographically located? Colorado. My yoga/jungle/chameleon room has lots of othef tropical plants not in her cage to help the whole room stay himid and warmer.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

She recently slowed her eating tremendously. I give ger 10-12 medium crickets daily. Two weeks ago i moved her to her big girl forever cage. This week I noticed her eating slowed. I thought maybe the crickets felt too big as they were a little bigger than the previous place i got them from so i only offered the smaller ones.

She eats 3 or 4 but then the rest sit in her cage. I skipped feeding yesterday but this morning she did the same. Only ate maybe 4.... i have also noticed her increase her movement. She walks around her whole cage now and she didnt do that in her smaller cage. Gravid? She doesn't have any different coloring and she doesnt look that big but it would be her first lay. Is her nee new environment maybe stressing her? He not only moved cages she also now is in a room i can control climate in and i do yoga in there, hoping she can get used to me in a condition where im moving slow and not messing with her....

I hear an active cham is a healthy cham so it didnt worry me but if she isnt eating it does. Ive tried in the past offering roaches horn worms etc... maybe its time to offer them again. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom