Is this terrarium safe?

IMO i would say that is a little to big for the size he is atm but people do use that size so it can be acceptable as long as you make sure he is able to hunt and get his food. or you could cup feed. he is still a baby and to big makes it very difficult for them to hunt and find there food. you will have to upgrade as you go. the suggested size for an adult veiled cham is at least 18x18x36 but the bigger the better. i use both 18x18x36 and 24x24x48 depending on size and age.

good luck with the little guy. ps depending where you from or where you live. i prefer all screen cages it gives the best airflow and my chams seem to prefer that to the closed in cages. but where i live has good humidity. :D

I have my Cham is the medium sized one like you posted. I put her food in a clear plastic container until she got a bit bigger so the food wouldn't get lost. Humidity and temp stay regulated and she is doing just fine. Make sure you are using the 5.0 bulbs and a basking lamp. I had a severe issue with temp until I got the 75W basking lamp, but since you have a small one, place the vines lower so they can't get too close to it until it gets older.

I would use it until you get something bigger, it will do perfectly fine, one thing though I would recommend doing is making a feeder for him. Look up chameleon feeders on the forum or YouTube and just make a small one for him to make sure he is getting all the food he will be needing at that age, he will eat like a little piggy lol congrats on your new chameleon

i had 1 that size (but single door) till he was about 3-4 months old then moved him into a 24' x 24' x 36' till about 7 months then he went into a condo then i wanted that wall space back and he went to a dif condo.
first one was 29''d x 38''w x 76''t
the one he is in now is 28''d x 48''w x 66''t

Back
Top Bottom