Is this plat ok for chameleons

Deniseale03

56CA4E96-8767-42F3-9DD9-DD0DAF332112.jpeg

I was scared to use the light at first as it’s so very bright, but it is perfect for hibiscus.
Someone mentioned this one in another thread I was on do you think this one would work too?

Attachments

• D0E35612-9D88-4D7E-A56D-1FA774D5AD24.jpeg
    D0E35612-9D88-4D7E-A56D-1FA774D5AD24.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 62
Someone mentioned this one in another thread I was on do you think this one would work too?
I started out with that one before I added hibiscus. I use it now for one of my Leo’s tanks and is pretty good with his succulents. It didn’t do so great with the dracaena, croton or schefflera I was using at the time. They we’re all dying a slow death.

It’s a dracaena dere
There are over 100 species in the dracaena genus. AFAIK, most—if not all—are chameleon-safe, but I'd double check individual species to be sure. Some are also called—or known as—"corn plants." (I wonder why? :unsure: :LOL: )

One that makes an excellent centerpiece plant is the Mass cane (Corn plant, Dracaena Massangeana or Dracaena fragrans). See bottom right below.
Another is Dracaena trifasciata (a.k.a. "Snake plant")
1611764521968.png

For many of the plants you’ll want to use a good plant light. I like this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I second this; I have 2 of these in my double-wide (48"W) enclosure. All the plants are loving it; it's the only light I've found that can penetrate deep down into the enclosure. :)

Back
Top Bottom