is this plant safe?

tv321406

sorry for not being able to find out myself. this is a plant my gf had, neither of us have any idea what it is. my cham loves hanging out on it tho. thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 252
That is definately a Jade plant. . . I have always been warned they are toxic to people and pets. But I am not 100 percent sure about that but I will try to find out for sure.

the cham can get loose poop. The leaves are not good for a cham. Not for a leafloving yemen. I wouldnt give the cham the plant.

In the UK, this "Jade Plant" is called a "Money Plant".
I'd advise you to replace this as soon as possible before he gets too used to it. As he gets older, he will get heavier, and the branches and leaves can break and release white sap - not something you want your Cham to ingest.
I'm not sure what plants you have available where you are, but try substituting for a Pothos or a Schlefera if you can.
Hope that helps.:)

In the UK, this "Jade Plant" is called a "Money Plant".
I'd advise you to replace this as soon as possible before he gets too used to it. As he gets older, he will get heavier, and the branches and leaves can break and release white sap - not something you want your Cham to ingest.
I'm not sure what plants you have available where you are, but try substituting for a Pothos or a Schlefera if you can.
Hope that helps.:)

Darn! Always thought those plants looked cool. :D
Try a hibiscus! He might eat the flowers! :cool:

BMXICAN, I agree with you regarding hibiscus. My Cham walked all over his before either chomping the flowers, or making them fall off by spending most of his time crawling through it! Good choice - to keep this plant, make sure you have good enough humidity in the enclosure otherwise flowers will fall off too soon, your Cham will have nothing to 'chomp' on, and you'll have no plant left to look at!!:)

hibiscis are great, but its best to get them established first after repotting them, read up on them, and its always best too keep two of them, trade them out weekly, fair amount of water and sun will do them great.

if they stay inside all the time, they die fairly easly.

I looked on Bluebeast reptiles safe plants list and the Jade plant (Crassula argentea) is listed as safe, I would think that a large cham would probably snap the stems though.

hibiscis are great, but its best to get them established first after repotting them, read up on them, and its always best too keep two of them, trade them out weekly, fair amount of water and sun will do them great.

if they stay inside all the time, they die fairly easly.

Definetly if you keep them inside all the time, have a backup plant. I have them just in case, but my chams are outside most of the time (if not all the time), so my plants stay in great shape.

Always nice to give a plant a break from all the climbing and chewing though! ;)

Yea, its safe as far as I know. I have one in my cage. There is no white sap either (I just broke a stem)

well he doesnt live in the plant. he just hangs out in it when i take him out of his cage for a few hours a day. i think ill just make sure hes not eating the foliage. the plant in his cage is a hibiscus, but were having trouble keeping i alive. im going to build him a new, bigger cage this winter, so the ill try and find a pothos or sheffolera

Back
Top Bottom