Is this ok?

I bought my cham from my boyfriends parents a while back and they’re unsure of the type of uvb bulb that they bought, all she said was it’s 150???
I’m going to buy a new one because she’s not sure when she bought the last one either. Is this ok to use? With the set up that I’ve got a coil uvb bulb has awesome coverage and atm I don’t have the money to get a linear bulb and fitting. I do have another post with all the info about my Cham and set up and feeding routine

Didn’t upload the bloody picture

Attachments

• A47ADC8B-4D19-4DEB-A929-C1D9F15B18FC.png
    A47ADC8B-4D19-4DEB-A929-C1D9F15B18FC.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 201
I would say that's probably too much if it's meant for desert lizards I'd go for a 5.0 usually labeled as tropical instead of desert. as long as they have a place to hide from it when they want to, it might be ok. I would also try to get a linear tube sooner than later. the bulbs are only like 20, and if you go to home depot or something for a fixture instead of a pet shop you can get em cheap, my fixture was only 12.99 since it was made for a blacklight but fitted the wattage I needed.

I would say that's probably too much if it's meant for desert lizards I'd go for a 5.0 usually labeled as tropical instead of desert. as long as they have a place to hide from it when they want to, it might be ok. I would also try to get a linear tube sooner than later. the bulbs are only like 20, and if you go to home depot or something for a fixture instead of a pet shop you can get em cheap, my fixture was only 12.99 since it was made for a blacklight but fitted the wattage I needed.

What is this 150 all about? Is it 15.0? She has plenty of places to hide if she wants to and it only ‘travels’ (idk what word to use lmao) for about 50cm and my cage is about 100cm tall so that’s fine. I’ve got like a double fitting lamp shade thing for the heat bulb and the uvb bulb. Low key mad because I don’t actually know what make any of the stuff is I just bought everything all together including chilli(Cham) and did lots of reaserch to make sure everything was ok. Will you have a look at my other post about her cage to see if all looks good? Would be much appreciated!

I'm honestly not sure what the 150 is referring to, right under the "25w" part you can make out it is a 10.0 compact which some people use, but most go with 5.0. looked at your other post. setup looks nice but 100f basking spot is way too high, especially for females, you'll want lower temps to reduce clutch size. I have a male and dont have to worry about it as much but I'm pretty sure I read 80-82 for females I would reduce wattage on heat lamp. you can also even out the spikes in humidity by adding live plants. but your range isnt bad for a veiled they like it to dry out a lil bit so I'd worry about tube lighting and lowering basking temp before you worry about that.

I'm honestly not sure what the 150 is referring to, right under the "25w" part you can make out it is a 10.0 compact which some people use, but most go with 5.0. looked at your other post. setup looks nice but 100f basking spot is way too high, especially for females, you'll want lower temps to reduce clutch size. I have a male and dont have to worry about it as much but I'm pretty sure I read 80-82 for females I would reduce wattage on heat lamp. you can also even out the spikes in humidity by adding live plants. but your range isnt bad for a veiled they like it to dry out a lil bit so I'd worry about tube lighting and lowering basking temp before you worry about that.

The thermometer to measure the basking temp is literally RIGHT UNDER/touching the bulb through the mesh and it reads at 100f and her favourite basking perch is like 12” so I imagine it’d be a bit lower? So for now shall I get a 5.0 25w uvb bulb and a 100w (maybe lower so basking temp is lower) basking bulb until I can look at getting linear fitting and bulb?

so there are better fixtures out there but I know you're looking for cheap and this is what I did... this one fits my 24" bulb (and yes its American so the plug probably wouldn't work for you) but look for something like this, just make sure the wattage would work with the tube you got (my bulb was 17w and the fixture said it works for up to 17w) and the length is correct for the tube you choose and you're golden. just search for a 30cm blacklight, when you find one make sure it goes up to at least 15w and it'll work.
SmartSelect_20180513-062747_Chrome.jpg

so there are better fixtures out there but I know you're looking for cheap and this is what I did... this one fits my 24" bulb (and yes its American so the plug probably wouldn't work for you) but look for something like this, just make sure the wattage would work with the tube you got (my bulb was 17w and the fixture said it works for up to 17w) and the length is correct for the tube you choose and you're golden. just search for a 30cm blacklight, when you find one make sure it goes up to at least 15w and it'll work.
View attachment 205721

You’re a star Thankyou so much!!

View attachment 205721

Would something like this work? As I STILL cant find anything

Attachments

• 39487C68-09CA-4157-8679-A604669695B7.png
    39487C68-09CA-4157-8679-A604669695B7.png
    496.2 KB · Views: 199
yeah that will work only other thing you may wanna check with that, t5/t8 etc refers to thickness of bulb. most fixtures dont matter too much what you put in them, that one looks like it might. so the bulb you sent a pic of is t5, I'd make sure in the description of that arcadia that it will fit with a t5 and that would be fine to lay right across the top of the cage

Back
Top Bottom