Is this ok for ventilation?

Anastasia_k

Hi, so I found this company that makes custom made terrariums for a really good price. Their works look great except for they only use these metal panels with holes for ventilation, not screen. I live in Europe so have cold climate and low humidity, therefore I was planning to get a glass enclosure with screen top and a stripe of screen on the side for air circulation. So, is this material (pic attached) good enough or should I look for someone who can do mesh/screen?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 1.59.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 1.59.20 PM.png
    770.5 KB · Views: 155
I don't have a lot of experience, but my cham climbs the screen on rare occasion. Will the metal be sharp or dangerous? Also, is it rust proof? Since you have low humidity it will be exposed to lots of it to make up the cham's needs. BTW: I saw a guy on you tube put a plastic barrier so the cham wouldn't climb the wall. That could be a way to fix the metal being walked on.

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Not only will the enclosure be very hard to see into but I think the metal would be prone to rusting or corrosion given the environment it will be subjected to.

Defiantly not an option for the top, but MAYBE one side or something. Personally, I would not use this material.

If it's not titanium you probably would have rust issues , also if your getting a young chameleon I would be very worried about a little grabby foot getting stuck in a hole .

Thank you all! My cham is about 4-5 months now and I want to move him to an adult enclosure soon because his current terrarium is too small. Guess I'll look for someone who can do screen then. I really don't understand why so many people I found so far only stick to certain material and refuse to work with different ones that are also easily available.

Back
Top Bottom