Is this normal?

E46M3

He is aprox 7 months old. I have had him for 4 months. He eats just about everyday, if not I skip and he eats every other day. He eats supers,wax and crickets all gut loaded. I add calcium every other day and the calcium with D3 no more than 3 times a month.I keep the temps around the 70's ambient. Basking shows no higher than 84 no lower than 80. Humidity throughout the day hangs in around 45-50% and when I spray him so he can drink it shoots up to %75. He has a UVB 5.0 dome light with the basking bulb in the center. My question is, just recently one of his legs is white. Doesn't look swollen to me, its just white. Almost like it needs to shed. Now that I think of it, he hasn't shed in just about a month tops. He's been acting normal. He drinks and eats every single day. His fecal poop is slightly dark brown with a big white part attached to it. Sometimes the white part is a little yellow.

The first two pics include the leg im talking about. The other pictures are of just him zoomed out, so you can see his overall appearance.

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 111
These are also pics from the side im concerned about.

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 112
u sure it is not shed? They can just shed in parts as they get a little older. My cham sheds just his legs and his tail sometimes.

Not sure, he's been like that for 2 weeks now. I hoped it was a shed, but its been 2 weeks. Normally when he sheds it all comes in within a matter of a few hours.

I didn't even think of that...I think it might be a burn. I just replaced the heating bulb from the dome fixture. I don't know how it made a difference though, the last one was 40 watts and this new one is 40 watts and its about 6-7 inches from the top of the cage. The difference is the color of the bulb. They were both ceramic bulbs but my old one didn't produce a color, and this one does. I'll just have to raise it higher.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Check the temp in his basking spot to make sure it's not hot enough to burn. However it doesn't look like a burn to me. If it was a burn you'd be seeing some black in the middle of all of that white.

My male's skin turned white when he got a burn. It was very very mild. It was a little while ago when I was a little late on making up for the temperature drop for the winter and he tried to get a little too close.

My panther did that this past shed. He shed everything but his back legs. Then 3 days later his back legs started shedding.

My male's skin turned white when he got a burn. It was very very mild. It was a little while ago when I was a little late on making up for the temperature drop for the winter and he tried to get a little too close.

I think it's a burn too. Doesn't look too terrible though.... If the center starts to turn black that's when you need to start worrying. Watch for changes~

Back
Top Bottom