is this light uvb ?

sarroca808

Photo 122.jpg

Photo 126.jpg
idk how to tell can anyone help?

UVB lights say they produce UVB on the box. All lights produce UVA, but you need a special UVB light for your chameleon. It would be worth while to buy a reptisun 5.0, but if you're a little tight on cash, a reptiglo 5.0 would work too. Make sure they are linear and not coiled though.

this is a circular flourscent, you can order reptisun or other uvb emmiting bulbs in circular format but they are generally more expensive and harder to find.

my suggestion:

go to walmart get an under hood desk flourcent lamp for 6-7$ and then get the bulb for 15-25 from the internet... that is the cheapest i have found

UVB lights say they produce UVB on the box. All lights produce UVA, but you need a special UVB light for your chameleon. It would be worth while to buy a reptisun 5.0, but if you're a little tight on cash, a reptiglo 5.0 would work too. Make sure they are linear and not coiled though.

why is coiled bad?

im just going to get the repti sun one :D.. why do chameleons need UVB? and were to do they it from in the wild ?

If you want to just grab a UVB you know will work, without all the research, pick this one up:
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...por-bulbs/-/zoo-med-18-repti-sun-50-uvb-bulb/

Any size will do. Also, the Whittier/Long Beach area has at least 2 reptile stores with somewhat decent prices on those bulbs as well.

Good luck.

im just going to get the repti sun one :D.. why do chameleons need UVB? and were to do they it from in the wild ?
The sun puts out UVB rays that the chameleons utilize for maintaining health. Chameleons in the wild normally gain the uvb by basking in the sun.
When providing artificial light, you need to give them the UVB's they normally get from the sun, while providing a heat source from another bulb. Some bulbs do both, but for your situation a UVB reptisun and a standard 20-40 watt house bulb should work.

thanks guys/gals dont know what id do without you my fellow chameleon lovers:D
i also have another concern my male jackson is lazy when hes in his cage he just perches on a branch. but when i open his cage from him to free range hes full of life lol is this something to be worried about?

thanks guys/gals dont know what id do without you my fellow chameleon lovers:D
i also have another concern my male jackson is lazy when hes in his cage he just perches on a branch. but when i open his cage from him to free range hes full of life lol is this something to be worried about?

Not all chameleons are the same, just like humans different chams have different personalities.

-Clemonde

I don't think so, if you didn't purchase it yourself knowing it is UVB, then you shouldn't assume it is. Just because it emits white light and comes in a fluorescent baluster doesn't mean anything. For all you know it could be a energy efficient fluorescent bulb. And for some reason it was, I don't think anyone here would be able to recognize that it was. You need to buy one yourself

Back
Top Bottom