Is this just a shedding?

Purp

Came home to Slim today to notice he was what I thought, shedding...

Should I be worried or is this just a shedding period. He didn't eat much at all yesterday and hasn't ate anything today.

img1513cp.jpg

Thank you all.

I just like to make certain it's nothing major lol. I know I may be going over the edge a little bit but I just want the best for Slim. I appreciate the friendliness from the fellow members. :cool:

BTW laurie, it would be new daddy syndrome. ;) lol

That picture should be preserved somewhere here as a guide. I remember the first time I saw my chameleon looking like that I was terrified.

It's weird because when I first got him 3 days ago, he had some shedding on his head and around it. I figured he had just finished a shed and was still losing the skin on and around his head area but I guess He was just getting ready to start the shed.

Yep, he's about to explode out of his skin LOL He'll look all brand new when he's done :cool:

Up his misting to help him get the skin off.

Post an 'after shed' pic to show off his brand new colour :D

That picture should be preserved somewhere here as a guide. I remember the first time I saw my chameleon looking like that I was terrified.

Absolutely, I recall several instances where mine was shedding just along the spine and at first glance I thought It had been burned. LOL :)

Absolutely, I recall several instances where mine was shedding just along the spine and at first glance I thought It had been burned. LOL :)

hehe, mine was the same way. I even posted pics of hte white line down his spine because i wasnt siure what it was. sure enough a few hours later, he looked just like this one.

I've got some great pictures of him breaking out of his old skin. It was kind of cool seeing him puff up and show some of his bright lime greens with some bright yellows on his neck. He was moving quite a bit lastnight before bedtime trying to get rid of the old skin. These animals are amazing.

I'm sorry, my bad. i am female so I figure all the lucky, nice people are also.;):rolleyes::cool: (Best lame response I could come up with)

Thank you all.

I just like to make certain it's nothing major lol. I know I may be going over the edge a little bit but I just want the best for Slim. I appreciate the friendliness from the fellow members. :cool:

BTW laurie, it would be new daddy syndrome. ;) lol

I've got some great pictures of him breaking out of his old skin. It was kind of cool seeing him puff up and show some of his bright lime greens with some bright yellows on his neck. He was moving quite a bit lastnight before bedtime trying to get rid of the old skin. These animals are amazing.

I know, could watch mine for hours!!! You can't put a post like that without putting pic up!!!!

PIC PIC PIC PIC PIC!!!!:D

As promised, here are the pics after he got rid of most of the shedding. Let me know what you think! I've had him for just a week and he seems to be doing great.

img1529zn.jpg

img1530hj.jpg

img1533c.jpg

Funny little lizard, he looks great! Both mine are mid slough right now, today the girl will 'explode' it off, as usual, homer will take his sweet time, this leg, a bit on the head, some of the tail etc for a few days. :)

Thank you jojackson.

I can thank several members on here for providing me with the right information on how to keep chams. I'm glad you think he looks great though!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom