Is this Jackson healthy?

Davidmbailey

I found a Jackson's locally. Still small. Green. Has several tiny gray or white patches on him. Is this a safe buy? It's a PetSmart.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20180710_162405.jpg
    IMG_20180710_162405.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 101
Not saying he is not healthy because there is not enough information but i would not buy from PetSmart. Their chameleon care or any animal care for that matter is nowhere near as good as breeders on the forums or our sponsor websites. Also before saving him is mentioned, you are only giving more money to PetSmart by buying him and allowing them to bring in more chams to be badly cared for. I recommend to use our sponsors located on the bottom of the home page or create a thread asking who might have some jacksons available. Please steer clear of chain pet stores, i say this from experience and reading others bad storied involving them.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I've been researching chams for a while and I really want to get one. I'm stuck between a flapped neck, Jackson's and Veiled. I like the smaller size and docile nature of the Jackson; the availability of the Veiled and the flapneck just sort of looked like a good medium. I will look at the breeders section. Thanks again!

Just for the record that looks like he's having a hard time shedding. A young animal in good health will shed rather quickly and in large pieces. I would have to say he's probably not very healthy.
Check out the Kenyan Xanth project on Facebook the breeders there will have good healthy captive bred Jacksons for sale very soon.

Back
Top Bottom