Is this gout?

....correct? From what I can deduce, from both what they have said and their enclosure, it seems like their chameleon is eating a significant amount of pothos, and has been regularly.
too much of anything can be bad, i would try a different plant if she is eating a whole salad tho, that cant be good for anything, i know spinach every day would make my cham sick maybe put some plants on rotation, dracanea in there 3 days and pothos in there two days but if this has been happening for however long youve had her im sure she would have been very irritated by now

She has only eaten part of a leaf, not a salad. One of the reasons pothos is suggested is if she does eat it, it will not harm her. The lump is an abscess that has been treated by antibiotics and is no longer a living infection. The lump is just there and causes no harm at the moment. What I hate about this forum is that no matter what topic you have as the thread base, people are going to tell you everything that you are doing wrong. Having a “small” tank is not going to cause gout, softer vines are not causing gout, eating pothos is not causing gout. The tips given are irrelevant. The only advice I have received about the thread topic is to go to the vet. Have you noticed that? I’m not here to argue about our opinions, I am here to find ways to help my chameleon’s CURRENT problem. Take a closer look at what you people have said so far regarding gout.

What I hate about this forum is that no matter what topic you have as the thread base, people are going to tell you everything that you are doing wrong. Having a “small” tank is not going to cause gout, softer vines are not causing gout, eating pothos is not causing gout. The tips given are irrelevant.

People noticed things and were simply trying to help. No one was attacking you—however, I understand where you're coming from. That being said, the "tips" being given to you are absolutely not irrelevant; they may be irrelevant to gout itself, but they are absolutely not irrelevant when considering the overall well-being of your chameleon.

I mean, what you described does not sound like gout. I don't really understand what else you want to know. No one here can be completely sure, so a vet visit was suggested.

I meant that they were irrelevant to the current topic at hand. I will look into a bigger tank after the current problem is solved for I do not want to cause stress right now fo her. I know that it is not gout I just don’t know what else to call it.;)

I meant that they were irrelevant to the current topic at hand. I will look into a bigger tank after the current problem is solved for I do not want to cause stress right now fo her. I know that it is not gout I just don’t know what else to call it.;)
she needs a vet visit soon tho

I am considering the linear uv lighting. Any one know what type of hood and light to get for my 18 inch across terrarium?

I’m giving it till Monday, if the lumps haven’t shrunk a quarter of their original size, j will call the vet.

Pangea Reptile has cheap t5HO linear fixtures and Zoo Med and Arcadia linear uvb bulbs. 10.0 or 12% is WAY too high for a 24” tall cage! Get a Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. Also, don’t wait on the vet, go in right away, please!

Pangea Reptile has cheap t5HO linear fixtures and Zoo Med and Arcadia linear uvb bulbs. 10.0 or 12% is WAY too high for a 24” tall cage! Get a Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%. Also, don’t wait on the vet, go in right away, please!
jeez I keep thinking theres a bigger cage! my bad lol

Back
Top Bottom