Is this cage too big for a female ?

I try 123

image.jpg
image.jpg
i just bought her a 24 by 24 by 48 and she seems confused on where she’s at like all the time and any idea how to feed her crickets in here ? I used to just throw them in but now I can’t

Add A LOT more horizontal branches everywhere! The minimum cage size for a veiled female is 18 by 18 by 36 tall, so kudos for going bigger. IMPO, only go down to that size if she can’t find her food, is sick and can’t get around, etc. Could you fill out the chameleon info form?

I agree on the branches, she needs more. If you see in the picture, she is trying to get as close as she can to the heat and UVB, she can't get to it with that type of plant. That may explain her not going around the enclosure more, because she needs to get closer to the heat and UVB, and to get how much she needs, she has to stay there a while.

Add A LOT more horizontal branches everywhere! The minimum cage size for a veiled female is 18 by 18 by 36 tall, so kudos for going bigger. IMPO, only go down to that size if she can’t find her food, is sick and can’t get around, etc. Could you fill out the chameleon info form?
How do I feel out an info form ?

I agree on the branches, she needs more. If you see in the picture, she is trying to get as close as she can to the heat and UVB, she can't get to it with that type of plant. That may explain her not going around the enclosure more, because she needs to get closer to the heat and UVB, and to get how much she needs, she has to stay there a while.

I agree, those plants look difficult to climb, I would probably look a getting a more climbable plant in there (e.g umbrella or pothos) plus added branches and vines at all different levels and angles.

Back
Top Bottom