Is this cage open enough?

maxheadroom

I'm planning on getting a veiled cham from Flchams in the next few weeks and today i was given this cage. My concern is its only open on two of the four sides. The cage measures 18"x18"x36".

IMAG0786-2.jpg

IMAG0788.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

From the top:
IMAG0790.jpg

TIA

should be ok for a juvi or female. you will need to get that corner fixed and find a way to deal with the water.

should be ok for a juvi or female. you will need to get that corner fixed and find a way to deal with the water.

It's going to be for a juvenile male veiled. The corner is an easy fix and im going to waterproof the bottom and install a small drain for water. I basically wanted to make sure he would get enought ventilation since two sides are wood.

Oh yea, definitely enough ventilation. It's a really neat cage!

Edit - Just give it like 7 coats of sealant and then put silicone or something along all the inside edges/joints and you should be good!

Last edited:
Wicked nice cage! Just fix the bottom corner and it will be perfect! Just remember no substrate. The only issue you may have is the wood, you will need to mist your chameleon and the wood may soak up the water if it isn't treated right.

Back
Top Bottom