Is this an okay spot to keep Cleo’s cage outside at?

Its finally been consistently in the 85-90s here in Austin so I figured its a great time to find a spot where I can put Cleo’s enclosure out in on nice days! I have both an upstairs patio and a downstairs patio, the upstairs one has a door directly to my room (and the spot the pictures were taken in) but is mostly direct sunlight across the whole patio, the only shade is right outside my room where the roof overhangs a bit. Does this provide enough shade, or should I move it downstairs to where I can find a shadier spot? There’s definitely areas in the enclosure though where he can get completely out of direct sunlight

Heres where the cage is situated currently, and Cleo has immediately taken to basking in the sun

AB9F946E-B30D-4EE4-AF62-C03D0FEE41BD.jpeg
A9BF4949-693F-4CE8-B63D-0C570CCCEEEC.jpeg
E61F7FB3-0827-4F32-A67B-5E2FDE6B0B61.jpeg

85-90 in full sun is going to be well over 100 degrees for him. You need a spot with more shade and you will need to really monitor him and the temp. Maybe try putting him out earlier in the day when it is cooler.

wow that's a cool property! and i would add a live plant that he could hide in the middle of for shade

Thank you! And Ive got a live plant I can stick in!

Im looking to going bioactive once I have the money for a whole upgrade to the set up, but for now Ive got a lil potted plant for him to hide in :)

85-90 in full sun is going to be well over 100 degrees for him. You need a spot with more shade and you will need to really monitor him and the temp. Maybe try putting him out earlier in the day when it is cooler.

His temperature gauge is reading 89, right now, as with any time outside I plan on monitoring him :) ill use the time I have out here as a test run for temp changes, but I plan on moving the cage in the afternoon about 6-8 (when his lights would go off normally)

Its currently 5pm and 84 according to my weather app, so there’s definitely a 5 degree increase. I’ll play around with a few areas or see if theres an umbrella or similar I can set up if needed

I moved him back a foot into the shade and will see if that makes a difference

Back
Top Bottom