Is this a safe way to feed my veiled chameleon?

DChalo

Well my cham is 14 months old and i have found a way to feed him that works out well. I use the cup that superworms come in and put tomatoes, grapes and lettuce in the cap along with a little calcium (the superworms eat the calcium powder with their food). Will this pass on the nutrients to my cham? Also, is tomatoes, grapes and lettuce safe for the cham to eat? Thanks

Well my cham is 14 months old and i have found a way to feed him that works out well. I use the cup that superworms come in and put tomatoes, grapes and lettuce in the cap along with a little calcium (the superworms eat the calcium powder with their food). Will this pass on the nutrients to my cham? Also, is tomatoes, grapes and lettuce safe for the cham to eat? Thanks

this is not a good way to feed chams at all. do not use tomatoes ever, and use very little to no grapes at all. gut load your insects instead. fresh collards, lettuce and other suitable fruites and vegies can be given directly. but gutloading is the best way to feed your cham.

I would dust your superworms with the calcium and then feed them. not feed them the calcium. you can feed the supers dark leafy greens instead of lettuce such as kale and collard greens are good. You can feed your cham those as well and I have heard of people feeding them grapes but I would use those sparingly as with people they could tend to produce loose stools I would think. I cannot comment on the tomatoes if they are safe or not. They are acidic and I have never heard of anyone feeding them to their cham or using them in gutload but maybe they have and will chime in here on this subject.

no, but i believe the have high oxalic acids in them which bind calcium absorbtion (from what i've heard) also, broccoli, spinache, etc have high oxalic acid levels aswell

Back
Top Bottom