Is this a old burn?

UnicornTart

My Cam is a rescue. Approximately 1.5 year old they think. I don’t see him much. He tends to just hide.
I have been worried seeing he has really dark spots when I do get to glimpse him.
I know they get dark absorbing heat.
Tonight I had to go in his room to get a blanket and fist time I seen him sleeping. So had to look.
First time I seen him brighter. And investigated where I wondered if he had burns.
please tell me if these look like burns.
Before I am asked I have a 24” Zoo med ReptiSun T5 UBV 5.0 on about 11” from basking spot.
I have tried to get vet appointments unfortunately all I have called won’t see reptiles and the one that will won’t take new patients.

Attachments

• 33ADD7DE-5CD5-4CD9-830B-668D73EC3206.jpeg
    33ADD7DE-5CD5-4CD9-830B-668D73EC3206.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 96
Perfectly normal! Good looking boy.
What uv readings do you get 11" away?
I do t have a meter yet. I am watching it on Amazon to go down. It’s 220 now and from what I understand it has gone down as far as 180$. Also hoping since I have a repticon happening net me in 2 weeks if it doesn’t go down on Amazon I find a good deal there.
my other option is I am gonna post on my local reptile site if some one has a meter that would come measure for me

My Cam is a rescue. Approximately 1.5 year old they think. I don’t see him much. He tends to just hide.
I have been worried seeing he has really dark spots when I do get to glimpse him.
I know they get dark absorbing heat.
Tonight I had to go in his room to get a blanket and fist time I seen him sleeping. So had to look.
First time I seen him brighter. And investigated where I wondered if he had burns.
please tell me if these look like burns.
Before I am asked I have a 24” Zoo med ReptiSun T5 UBV 5.0 on about 11” from basking spot.
I have tried to get vet appointments unfortunately all I have called won’t see reptiles and the one that will won’t take new patients.
A handsome guy you got there. I have a male same age. When they sleep the colors get beautiful. Pale greens and aquas underneath. Nothing wrong I see no burns. he is molting and the new skin is brighter to. Make sure nothing sharp in the cage as he will be rubbing Against things trying to get dead skin off. Mine hates it when his eyes molt and rubs against things hard. your new family member looks very healthy. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom