Is this a normal/okay sleeping position?

Hope these images work. One in better light than the other. He recently started sleeping by resting on his chest, and holding his own hands. Just want to see if this is normal because it is comfortable, or a sign of weakness. Thanks.

No, that is not normal at all.

I've had one wild caught lay on a branch like that. She was so battered and her four legs so swollen I feared the swelling would cut off circulation and she would lose her legs/feet. She hung her legs like that, but all four.

I see an animal with a lot of pain in its front legs.

I have no idea why your panther seems to have a problem with his front legs. It could be anything from fractures caused by MBD or injury to gout. I don't like the way the front legs are conformed--something is off to my eye.

Remember, MBD can be caused by poor nutrition and not enough UVB or the correct UVB wavelengths to kidney failure. Kidney failure can be caused by one severe incident of dehydration or just chronic low grade dehydration.

@timw1 @JessG @Tucklander @Harry The Cham @Lucasthecham @JoshD49 This behavior is not normal. It is really important for keepers to understand and recognize normal and abnormal behavior. I see so many pictures of truly unhealthy animals posted whose owners are simply unaware that unhealthy and abnormal become normal. To be honest, I see very few pictures of truly healthy vibrant animals posted on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom