Is this a good enclosure?

Jol

I'm starting to look at new enclosures for my veiled chameleon (for use in a couple of months time). I have looked on a reptile site that was recommended to me and found this wooden enclosure. It has several ventilation holes/slots located on the back and measures in at a width of 862.5mm, a depth of 490mm, and a height of 915mm. I'm not sure if the measurements will suffice for an adult, female chameleon so just wanted an expert(s) insight.

I will also attach an image of the mentioned enclosure for any visual judgement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 124
More ventilation. Just a bunch of random holes will not be good enough from what I have heard and read. I am running 2 solid side and 2 screened sides. This allows plenty of ventilation and still able to maintain the humidity. I has seen a pretty cool set up like that one but the owner was running an intake fan and exhaust fan to keep the air circulating. He was using like these small computer fans which I thought was pretty cool. My only issue with that is that chameleons are very sensitive to vibrations and a fan causes just that.

More ventilation. Just a bunch of random holes will not be good enough from what I have heard and read. I am running 2 solid side and 2 screened sides. This allows plenty of ventilation and still able to maintain the humidity. I has seen a pretty cool set up like that one but the owner was running an intake fan and exhaust fan to keep the air circulating. He was using like these small computer fans which I thought was pretty cool. My only issue with that is that chameleons are very sensitive to vibrations and a fan causes just that.
Yeah, I am! This is the only site that I've found that seems to provide a large variety of goods at a cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom