Is there something wrong with my babies!

Cainschams

Ok. I noticed 2 of my panther cham eggs sweating the other day. Last night I checked on my eggs again and they were slit at one end. One is open a little more then the other. The one that is more open I can see a nostril and part of the eye. There doesnt seem to be anymore fluid leaching out. The other one there seems to be some fluid leaching out. It kinda looks like the eggs are cracking further but Im not so sure. After searching through old threads and sites on the internet. I found one site that said they may stay in the egg for more than a day sucking up the sac. In my nervous, paranoid frenzy I may have missed the questions in my searching. Should there heads be out already its been almost 24 hours since I noticed the cracks? Is it true they will stay in the egg for more than a day. My band is playing a show tonight and this is just driving me crazy. Any help or info would be great!!

chameleons in egg

I have had panther babies "pip" the egg and remain inside for 5 days before it emerged. It has happen to me on dozens of occasions now. As for veileds I can look at the incubator one minute and there is nothing happening. I go back an hour later and there are about 40 little green goblins running all over one another lol :D Panthers take much longer to emerge in my experience but will come out when they are ready.

Thanks man. This really helps my nervs out. Its nerve racking enough to get infront of a bunch of people and play guitar let alone have this added on. Should there be any kind of movement. I didnt see any but I also havent wanted to bother them a lot. Thanks again

They don't move much after making a hole in the egg. I don't wait that long before I intervene I'm sure they will be fine.

Thanks dean as of now though. 2:45 in the morning still no signs of anything new. When would you intervene? Do you think they are too wet and these 2 just tried to hatch prematurely. The media is not wet but not dry. For the most part its how it should be. I wouldnt be able to squeeze a drop out of it but its still moist to the touch. Around 70 to 80 percent humidity and 78 degrees it says on my gauges. I say around because the arent digital gauges just the zoomed humidity/temp gauge.

Edit. A little more info. They are 6 1/2 or alittle over months incubating. I started out at 72 degrees and around 3 and 1/2 months after started to raise the temps until 78 about a month and a half ago. I also added a slight amount of moisture via syringe by putting it down in the media and squirting it instead of dripping on top of the media.

Last edited:
Wow 6 months is kinda early but not unheard of. If the egg starts to dry out with him in it thats when I help them.

Well Dean. NO NEED TO INTERVENE. HE IS OUT!!!!! WOO HOO!!! (fist pump) lol. This is just amazing. I am glad my 6 fruitfly culters and 1000 pinheads arent going to go to waste:) hahaha. Oh and its more like 7 1/2 I miss counted.

Thanks again guys.

Sorry no pics yet. I use my friends camera and he is at the beach. I will be sure to take some when he gets back though.

Back
Top Bottom