Is there any alternatives to Dubia's?

chambeg

I live in Florida, and since Dubia roaches are illegal i was wondering if there is any alternative. Or should i stick to a main cricket diet with a few silk worms?

Yes, we have alternatives!
We have Discoids, which are basically Dubias' legal twin brother, and whose care is the same.
We also have dusky cave roaches, green banana roaches, surinam, horseshoe, Florida skunk, and a couple other species. If you PM me I have the email of a really great guy in South Florida that sells roaches and can help answer any questions.

I live in Florida, and since Dubia roaches are illegal i was wondering if there is any alternative. Or should i stick to a main cricket diet with a few silk worms?

What kind of alternative are you looking for - do you mean another type of roach that is legal for you there?
you dont need to offer roaches - there are plenty of choices, including Crickets and silkworms, plus much more.

Yes, we have alternatives!
We have Discoids, which are basically Dubias' legal twin brother, and whose care is the same.
We also have dusky cave roaches, green banana roaches, surinam, horseshoe, Florida skunk, and a couple other species. If you PM me I have the email of a really great guy in South Florida that sells roaches and can help answer any questions.

Thank you for all this info! I will pm you soon. Also if you have used any of them which ones have given you the most success?

Thank you for all this info! I will pm you soon. Also if you have used any of them which ones have given you the most success?

The discoids are probably the easiest, although the suriname roaches breed the fastest, I think. They need an inch of two of substrate though, so it's a little tougher to get them all out but a good sifter will be a must. They are all females will will self-reproduce, so with some heat I now have hundreds of tiny babies - perfect for baby chameleons.

I like the dusky cave roaches as well, although they take longer to mature. I ust got several nymphs to change into adults so I should see many more babies soon. I like their size too, big enough as older nymphs to make a good meal for large/adult chameleons.

The others I haven't had very long so I couldn't tell you yet. I don't have the Fl. skunk roaches but they say they either smell really bad or really good (like roses or amaretto), depending on your individual smell receptors (which is kinda cool!) lol. I may try those down the line.

Back
Top Bottom