Is something wrong?

Nope nothing fell or touched him. When we moved him he was siting on the rocks in the live plant though which could have scooted a little, but not a lot.
Well I am not 100%... My cham will "shut down" like this if he is very scared or freaked out... This has only happened 3 times. 2 times when he was outside and a raven flew right over us... And once when he saw another chameleon.

Exactly! That is a multivitamin and a good one. So that is used twice a month. And you use the calcium with D3 twice a month. These two get rotated week to week. At all other feedings you use calcium without D3. :)
Also, my dad was trying to help me take care of the crickets and he put some strawberries to gutload. I see those are not on the list, could that cause any harm. I took them out the next day thought because they were causing gnats to be in the cricket cage.

Also, my dad was trying to help me take care of the crickets and he put some strawberries to gutload. I see those are not on the list, could that cause any harm. I took them out the next day thought because they were causing gnats to be in the cricket cage.
No, they will just get nasty fast lol For gutload we go heavy on the green leafy veg variety.. Then a bit of fruit.

No, they will just get nasty fast lol For gutload we go heavy on the green leafy veg variety.. Then a bit of fruit.
Okay. What do you feed your chameleon I am trying to find something to add to crickets, so I can buy less crickets because they get smelly. I want to order dubia roaches, but I’m not sure if it will be expensive to order every month or so. If I do order them, don’t the dubia roaches live long and get really big? I’m not sure what to do once they are too big.

Okay. What do you feed your chameleon I am trying to find something to add to crickets, so I can buy less crickets because they get smelly. I want to order dubia roaches, but I’m not sure if it will be expensive to order every month or so. If I do order them, don’t the dubia roaches live long and get really big? I’m not sure what to do once they are too big.
I buy my dubia very small... Gives me more time before they are larger then I am willing to feed.

Here is the feeder image. The only thing that has its own specific food are silkworms and hornworms.

chameleon-food(1).jpg

Okay sorry to bother again, but he is at the bottom again in the live plant. I think my cage is too hot, but how do I make it not hot? A few weeks ago I took the temperatures and they were fine for him. Now the temps are
Top of cage by basking spot:94
Middle: 88
Bottom: 83
I don’t know how to make it cooler?

Attachments

• 78D17A79-C9D0-4C40-B86B-E71D02D6280D.jpeg
    78D17A79-C9D0-4C40-B86B-E71D02D6280D.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 11B56C8B-24C4-47A1-AE7F-76DE091EFB46.jpeg
    11B56C8B-24C4-47A1-AE7F-76DE091EFB46.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 78
Okay sorry to bother again, but he is at the bottom again in the live plant. I think my cage is too hot, but how do I make it not hot? A few weeks ago I took the temperatures and they were fine for him. Now the temps are
Top of cage by basking spot:94
Middle: 88
Bottom: 83
I don’t know how to make it cooler?
Way too hot. Bulb wattage needs to be lowered. Ambient temp at the bottom should be more like 73 degrees. Basking should be more like 85-88 depending on age.

Some lights i believe have burn in times might take few hundred hours to get filaments to get full brightness. Lift lamp away with a clamp maybe or reduce wattage of bulb bud?
Oh and if there was lots of birds in sky might have freaked him out maybes just a guess though

What are you using to measure temps? One 75 watt bulb on an open screen cage should not produce those high temps.... What is your house temperature?

What are you using to measure temps? One 75 watt bulb on an open screen cage should not produce those high temps.... What is your house temperature?
I am using this thermometer I got from amazon. My house temp is 73 right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 3.45.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 3.45.29 PM.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom