Is something wrong?

Have you tried getting him out to make sure his limbs are ok and that he is able to hold his body up?

This really has me baffled... The only thing I can think of is something happened when he was taken outside in the cage to freak him out. While the cage needs more real plant cover rather then the fake foliage there is nothing in your husbandry that would directly cause this type of behavior.

The only thing I can think of is a fear response. And he is staying low because it is the densest part of the cage for cover.

Possible idea would be to add a good size dwarf umbrella plant to provide more dense cover through out the enclosure....

Then there is the possibility of infection from that old wound... Or even a parasite issue but you said he ate 7 crickets today.. Normally they refuse food when ill.

Like I said I am totally stumped here... The behavior started when you moved the cage outside... Which is why I am leaning to a fear response... He saw something that freaked him out. He was in his cage when he saw it. I would try adding the plant I suggested and see if the change in his cage environment makes him feel like he is now in a safe space...
This is what it looked like the first day I bought him. It was through the screen so it might be hard to tell.

Attachments

• 1419F6A9-8384-41A8-AEFA-3BC48ADACCC1.jpeg
    1419F6A9-8384-41A8-AEFA-3BC48ADACCC1.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 72
You said..."When I got him from the reptile store he has a dark colored “scar” from a healing cut about the size of a pencil eraser. The workers told me they had not even noticed it in the two weeks he had been at the store, as it had not affected his health. They said it should heal as he grows and sheds".... Can you take a photo of the spot/scar?
Oops, I replied to the wrong person. This is what it looked like the at the store. It might be hard to see because the screen.

Attachments

• A5AF036B-DF8E-4C43-9E22-EB71C547ACFF.jpeg
    A5AF036B-DF8E-4C43-9E22-EB71C547ACFF.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 63
It's hard to tell what it is but if it's fungal it might be part of his problem. I'm not a vet so I'm not sure because of that and the photo quality.

Back
Top Bottom