Is she pregnant?

I bought a 1 year old nosy be female from a guy. He never bred her but said that he thought she might have infertile eggs in her. I've had her for about 2 weeks now and have had a laying bucket in her cage. She hasn't tried to lay eggs and she just sits on her top branch in her basking spot and sleeps throughout the day and isn't really eating. Does anyone know from my explanation if she has eggs in her or if there is something else wrong with her?

Here are some pics of her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 107
Gravid females shouldn't be sleeping during the day, they become restless and wander and try to dig in the corners. I think at this point I'd be taking her to a vet for a checkup!

Gravid females shouldn't be sleeping during the day, they become restless and wander and try to dig in the corners. I think at this point I'd be taking her to a vet for a checkup!
I second that. A healthy chameleon shouldn't be sleeping during a day.
She doesn't look like she is about to lay to me, but you never know with this girls... ;)

She does look gravid and I say you need a vet too! Sleeping during the day is not good, she could be having trouble laying the eggs. Do you have a laying bin etc. for her?

Update

I took her to the vet and they said the physically she is healthy and that she does not have eggs in her. He did give us some medicine to give her just in case she does had a little infection. She is happy but still not really eating.

Back
Top Bottom